Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to change mod of files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to change mod of files Post 302071662 by RTM on Sunday 23rd of April 2006 11:13:50 AM
Old 04-23-2006
Quote:
When I run the script in this directory, (shell(/bin/csh)) it's not open my directories unless I will do chmod 777 for the files in all the directories (something like 20).
What are the permissions on the files before you start changing them to 777? (Note: instead of setting everything to 777, maybe you should try to set the directories to 755, and files to 644 or 664.)

Use the sch account and create a new directory under /usr5/sch/ called test and a new file called testfile in that test directory. Cd to /usr5/sch and do a ls -l ./test and a ls -ld ./test - post the output.

Post the output of the umask command.

You may need to explain your script and cobol program a bit more - what it's doing in all of this. And please format your explaination, questions, and answers. It is difficult to read everything when you just run it all together.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

retain create/mod date and time of files

Hi, I have a requirement by which I need to take a snapshot of a certain directory of a certain types of files into a target directory within the same server (HP-UX 9000). The problem is that the files created in the target directory has the date and time of when the files were copied over. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change name for N number of files

Hi Guys, Please can you let me know, how to change file names in a directory that has say 10 files I have files like STR1.rman.pre.script STR1.rman.post.script STR1.rman.inc.script STR1.rman.cold.script STR1.rman.hot.script I need a command to change the above files all in one go... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

This script cut size of files "Lol" change string in files

Basic: find . -type f -name “*.txt” -print | awk '{gsub("Ontem", "AntesdeOntem", $0); print > FILENAME}' *.txt The idea is in folder /home/myapontamentos I have some files and i need to change in all them the word "ontem" to "antesdeontem". But bigger files are cut (size i mean)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: single
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed change in all files

I have a list of property file can each file has name=value kind of key value pair can replace all = with say ; in each file using sed or any other command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinayshell
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Change permissions for files

Hi! I have a dir in a server, that receives files with the wrong permissions, so I decide to put on a cron entry that changes its permitions, but because of the time gap, not all of them get changed. What I did was the following: ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alert when files change

The code I created monitors directories, files and reports when it has changed. It saves the md5sums of the files it is monitoring and sends alert whenever any files change. It sends an excel report to admin. My code is not working. I getting error messages. log.xlsx - the log output should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)