Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HIgh Load
Operating Systems HP-UX HIgh Load Post 302071477 by Awadhesh on Friday 21st of April 2006 03:22:54 AM
Old 04-21-2006
MySQL Hi

This is a Very Good Script for You

uname -a > /tmp/HP_info
model >> /tmp/HP_info
uptime >> /tmp/HP_info
swlist -l bundle >> /tmp/HP_info
bdf >> /tmp/HP_info
swapinfo -ta >> /tmp/HP_info
cat /etc/fstab >> /tmp/HP_info
lvlnboot -v >> /tmp/HP_info
vgdisplay -v >> /tmp/HP_info
lanscan >> /tmp/HP_info
ioscan -fn >> /tmp/HP_info
cat /etc/inittab >> /tmp/HP_info
dmesg >> /tmp/HP_info
crontab -l >> /tmp/HP_info
swlist -l fileset >> /tmp/HP_info
/usr/bin/top -f /tmp/HP_perf_info
cat /stand/system >> /tmp/HP_perf_info
nohup sar -qM 1 600 > /tmp/HP_perf_info.report &
nohup sar -uM 1 600 > /tmp/HP_perf_info.cpu &
nohup sar -b 1 600 > /tmp/HP_perf_info.buffer &
nohup sar -d 1 600 > /tmp/HP_perf_info.disk &
nohup sar -w 1 600 > /tmp/HP_perf_info.swap &
nohup sar -v 1 600 > /tmp/HP_perf_info.inode &
sysdef >> /tmp/HP_perf_info

Regards,

Awadhesh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Application high CPU load

after a long period of running, the network application's CPU load in our syst em increase slowly, the failed at the end. we use "truss" tool to trace the process, found that it processes something like "semop" ,"semctl","thread_waitlock","kread" kernel call . The trace log file looks like the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

High cpu load average

Hi Buddies, Thanx for reading my first post... After googling a lot and searching so many forums I am feeling down a bit... Please don't mind my ignorence, and my grammer ... :) My server is running RHEL 2.6.9-5.EL. The cpu load is going higher than roof, almost 100 sometimes. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining cause behind high load average

How to determine what is causing high load average in a system? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's a high load for my system?

I'm not sure if this belong in dummies or advanced so I made my best guess. Go easy on me if I get it wrong. I'm trying to determine what a high load for my system is. I run a php/mysql web server with a dedicated host. The host has a Intel Xeon 3110 (Dual Core) processor. Our load seems to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanguard
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

High availability/Load balancing

Hi folks, (Sorry I don't know what its technology is termed exactly. High Availability OR load balancing) What I'm going to explore is as follows:- For example, on Physical Servers; Server-1 - LAMP, a working server Server-2 - LAMP, for redundancy While Server-1 is working all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

High load average troubleshoot

Hi all, hope you can help me. I'm getting high load average and can't find a reason for this, please share your inputs. load average: 7.78, 7.50, 7.31 Tasks: 330 total, 1 running, 329 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu0 : 7.0%us, 1.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 23.9%id, 0.0%wa, 38.9%hi,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log files @ high load

Hi, my VPS was overloaded and inaccessible for some time and i want to ask for help in which log files i need to look, or which tools to setup to monitor and find the cause of repeated hig load? watched: /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/httpd/access_log /var/log/httpd/error_log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_MOVEFILES(1)