Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl installed by default?
Operating Systems AIX Perl installed by default? Post 302071184 by ashish_sharma on Thursday 13th of April 2006 05:43:15 AM
Old 04-13-2006
please use command on command prompt "which perl" it will show you where perl packages are imported

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if perl is installed?

Hi, i'm designing a unix script and i want to know if there is a shell command or a way to see if perl is installed in the system. thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which version of perl is installed on my system?

Hi, With the command perl -v i can see the perl version, but it's like a text file.. is there a command which could give me just the perl version number? i.e.: "5.8.1" thanks!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the program 'perl' is installed ?

Hi, How can I know the perl interpreter is installed in the system? When I type 'find / -name perl -print 2>/dev/null', there is 6 lines listing: /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/perl-5.8.0/bin/perl /usr/opt/IAFW310/PERL/perl /usr/opt/IAFW310/PERL/t/perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check for installed Perl modules on solaris?

Is there a quick way to check for installed perl modules on a solaris server? I found using perl -e "use Crypt::DES" will work for checking one package at a time. I was wondering if there was anything else out there? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

User perl to get memory installed in a machine

I currently have a statistics gathering script i run on my Linux servers. One of the stat i gather is total memory in the machine. The script is all perl with the exception of gathering the memory for that i use the following command: $ram = (`cat /proc/meminfo | grep "MemTotal" | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find perl installed path?

Hi all, how do we find where perl is installed via command line? Please let me know for both windows and unix platforms. when i tried in windows by following option. it is throwing error. C:\Users\dkanagar>whereis perl 'whereis' is not recognized as an internal or external command,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divakar
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl

we create a HP-UX software depot with a new perl-modul. after installation of the software depot, the perl module i can't find with instmodsh in the inventory for installed Perl modules. - i have learned of using instmodsh command : i find out what modules are already installed on my system. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
PERL-AFTER-UPGRADE(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     PERL-AFTER-UPGRADE(1)

NAME
perl-after-upgrade -- fixup FreeBSD packages that depend on perl SYNOPSIS
perl-after-upgrade perl-after-upgrade -f perl-after-upgrade -v DESCRIPTION
The standard procedure after a perl port (either lang/perl5.6 or lang/perl5.8) upgrade is to basically reinstall all other packages that depend on perl. This is always a painful exercise. The perl-after-upgrade utility makes this process mostly unnecessary. The tool goes through the list of installed packages, looks for those that depend on perl, moves files around, modifies shebang lines in those scripts in which it is necessary to do so, tries its best to adjust dynamically linked binaries that link with libperl.so in the old path, and updates the package database. After installation of the new perl is complete, either by hand from the ports collection, or from a package, or via portupgrade, do the following: o go root; o run perl-after-upgrade utility. Do not specify any arguments at first, so it does nothing destructive. Pay attention to the produced output and especially to errorlist at the end, if any; o run the utility again, with -f command line option. This will actually do the work. Again, pay attention to the output produced; o fix any reported errors; o reinstall required packages: The utility will tell you what packages that depend on perl it could not handle. It will also tell you why it happened (for example, they were compiled against a binary incompatible perl). If you want such packages to remain operational, you will have to reinstall then by hand or via portupgrade. o review the files left in the older perl installation. This is typically /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.X.Y/. There should be very little, if any, files in that directory and its subdi- rectories, excepting a number of .ph files; o check that things work as they should; o remove backup files from the package database. Those will be /var/db/pkg/*/+CONTENTS.bak; o that's all. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005 by Anton Berezin "THE BEER-WARE LICENSE" (Revision 42) <tobez@FreeBSD.org> wrote this module. As long as you retain this notice you can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return. Anton Berezin NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. HISTORY
The first version of this utility was not bundled with perl package on FreeBSD. It was dumber than the current version in several impor- tant areas. It was faster. CREDITS
Thanks to Mathieu Arnold for discussion. SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 PERL-AFTER-UPGRADE(1)