Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File name swap
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File name swap Post 302071175 by Ygor on Thursday 13th of April 2006 03:37:13 AM
Old 04-13-2006
Perhaps I could direct you to: the UNIX Forum Rules
Please take special note of this rule:
Quote:
(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap file

I just started working with AIX and need a little help. Is there a command to find the size of the swap file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paule
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RAID 1 on SWAP file?

Hey everyone, first of all, this is the motherboard I have: GigaByte GA-K8NXP-9 , nForce4 Ultra. It supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1 apparently both on the IDE and S-ATA HDD. Now what I had in mind is popping 2 x 6Gb HDD in the IDE slots as slave 1 & 2 where my 2 DVD/CD burners are master. I then plan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: temba
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Swap config - Mirror swap or not?

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a Sun box with raid 1 on the O/S disks using solaris svm. I want to unmirror my swap partition, and add the slice on the second disk as an additional swap device. This would give me twice as much swap space. I have been warned not to do this by some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap file system

This questions only concerns Solaris 10. Let's say I have swap configured like so in /etc/vfstab: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 - - swap - no - /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s1 - - swap - no - /dev/md/dsk/d1 - - swap - no - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to swap parts of a file name?

I have a number of files that a structured like this: Eg. file_name.ext1 another file name with spaces.ext2 yatf with .ext3 also a file (plus).ext4 I would like to swap the part with the descriptive_file_name part, so that it looks like this: Eg. file_name .ext1 I know (or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invenio
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleted a swap file

I attempted to delete a swap file (rm .<filename>.swp). Now the system is trying to delete one file that doesn't exist anymore and the file is adding a number in increments to the name of the file it is attempting to delete (filename1.csv, filename2.csv) The log says the filename1.csv does... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: student21
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

No eol in swap file

I was editing a file with vi and crashed so when I opened the file again I had the .swp file to deal with. I made the wrong choice trying to recover my file and wound up with a file with no eol (end of line) characters. I have forgotten the code to substitute and don't want to make an even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gale
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to swap to words in a file?

Hi, I have a file with certain lines in it. i want to swap every occurance of word A with B and every occurrance of word B with A. Example file.txt Unix is a great OS. Linux support graphical user intrface. unix and linux are both same. Output file.txt Linux is a great OS. Unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin pwd command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The options are as follows: -L Display the logical current working directory. -P Display the physical current working directory (all symbolic links resolved). If no options are specified, the -P option is assumed. ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by pwd: PWD Logical current working directory. DIAGNOSTICS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. STANDARDS
The pwd utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). SEE ALSO
builtin(1), cd(1), csh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster because it is built into that shell. However, it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a containing directory was moved after the shell descended into it. The -L option does not work unless the PWD environment variable is exported by the shell. BSD
February 4, 2002 BSD