Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dont understand
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? dont understand Post 302071166 by zazzybob on Thursday 13th of April 2006 02:26:00 AM
Old 04-13-2006
I closed the thread as it is a direct breach of our rules, which clearly state that homework and assignment-type questions are not permitted.

If you are having problems solving a homework assignment, you should ask your tutor for assistance - that is what they are paid for, and is the reason for their being.

Thanks
ZB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I dont want this

Im creating a sort of shell, for my cybercafe This will restrict my clients from accessing unwanted materials so im programming a similar bash to 1. to meet my goals 2. to learn new things. im creating it in C, please have a look at the attachement. i wish to avoid having a blank space... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dont Know How to Phrase the Title

Ok i have an expect script that logs into an appliance kinda like a Cisco router, runs a command, and I need to get some calculation out of the output of that command. The reason I have to use an expect script is the data I am trying to harvest does not have an SNMP variable assigned to it. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barney34
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dont't find right regex

I have a string which contains following information: <SZ.T><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" SIZE="+3">Bundesregierung nimmt sich dicke Deutsche vor</FONT></P></SZ.T> <SZ.UT><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT SIZE="+1"><I> Seehofer und Schmidt planen Kampagne gegen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek
3 Replies

4. Programming

Need help with this c++ source code! DOnt understand what some stuff mean.

Okay so I am just starting programming c++. I just started started to red "C++ for Dummies yesterday and theres a lot of things I do not understand from this book and this source code especially. I will first post the full source code and then post questions about certain thing, usually what they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i dont know where problem!!

okthanksi solve it :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dream23
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent :S dont know why its not working

hello, i am trying to put users2 information to file appraisalrecord, however it is not working and i tried everything. overall, i just want to show that when they enter the user number it will verify in the file to see does that user number exist, if yes they have to a new user number if no they... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bassmasta1
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i dont know how to solve this error

can while do make aloop as do while in c language ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teefa
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Dont Allow Exitting from a Script

Hello, I wrote a script and disabled Ctrl+C using trap ' ' 2 For security, I cannot allow users to exit the script on their own for then they would have access to the command prompt. Are there any other cases that I need to cover? Thank you. I'm new to scripting. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzivkovi
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bad substituion error : Dont understand why

Hi Folks - I'm getting the following error message when executing my script: $ chmod +x Winexe_Admin.sh $ ./Winexe_Admin.sh Script Name: Winexe_Admin.sh Script Name without EXT: Winexe_Admin ./Winexe_Admin.sh: line 43: ${_MAINPATH}${_LOGPATH}${LOGPATH$}${_YEAR}_${_MONTH}${_DAY}: bad... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
2 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim80/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/share/vim/vim80/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)