Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux Commands Post 302071161 by ropapi on Wednesday 12th of April 2006 08:41:38 PM
Old 04-12-2006
Data Linux Commands

This is my first time using this forum. My question is simple. I need a book that has the commands code for Linux, if there is such a book, of course.

Thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need c programs for linux commands

hi i am doing a small project on linux shell so if anyone can provide me some programs which can ipmlement commands like copy,date,calendar ....thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lit_joel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root/admin commands in LINUX

Hi I am working on LINUX shell scripting. I have root privileges and I know some basic root/admin commands like user creation, modification and so on. Till last week i was able to create users but now i am not able to create users or groups. When I give the command i got an error as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naina
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

links to all networking commands in linux

can some one send me the links to all networking commands in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need Linux commands

Hi, Can you please get me the linux commands to find the below details. 1. Amount of buffers/cache used for RAM and Swap ( I think free -m command will provide the details.but not understandable. Please provide some info on how to check the amount of buffers/cache value etc.) 2. Number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday123
1 Replies

5. Linux

ct, cu, tip, on commands in Linux

Please help me to find out the equivalent commands for the following solaris commands in Linux 1. ct 2. cu 3. tip 4. on Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ~Saravana (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
0 Replies

6. Android

Example Linux Commands on Android

In case you are interested, here is a partial list of linux-like commands on Android OS: /sbin adbd devmgr recovery dfta init dfta.sh fat.format redbend_ua /system/bin (partial list) sh date netstat mount umount (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. Linux

commands of linux operation system

Am actually am new to the linux operating system and knda wana knw more about it.Please could u help me with some commands so i can start with that first.Really need your help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GODBLESSME
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux Commands

Hi All I have found that few basic commands in unix have the same syntax in linux as well. I need those commands which differ on Linux platform, with some more advanced options.. For example... awk, sed, tr ... and some more commands with advanced options. I am trying to search on the linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help with simple Linux commands

Hey guys, I need help with simple unix commands. I'm a newbie to Unix and don't know these commands. Any help is appreciated. 1. Logon to Linux. 2. Create a directory "Unix" under your home directory. Command(s): …………………………………………. 3. Create four... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loverangerguy
1 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD