Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Archiving Users
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Archiving Users Post 302070924 by suseesk on Monday 10th of April 2006 09:10:56 AM
Old 04-10-2006
Thanks....

Rakaesh,
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I will update the status soon.

Regards,
Sathish Kumar
suseesk

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving

I am looking for some advice. I have some files on a Unix server, which contain symbolic links. I need to copy these over to a nfts environment, but wish to keep the symbolic links intact. Any ideas? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmasonuk
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving

Hi, I want to archive below directory ex: /home/oracle/dd0 sub-directories in dd0 /home/oracle/dd0/backup/backup1 /home/oracle/dd0/backup/backup2 /home/oracle/dd0/dmp ....etc I want a command(tar) which will let me archive the above directory excluding *.dmp(dump files), *.log(log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving Problem

Hi friends I work on UNIX Operating system and I have many servers. ADM server make archiving for special data every day inside XYZ directory at specific time,the next time SPERADM server will take that archiving data to put them in same directory (inside SPERADM server). Now archiving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving by Time

Hi all. I am trying to set up archiving of directories, such that I keep every directory made in the past week, but just one directory per week beyond that. Using the find command, I can easily delete everything more than one week old, but can not figure out how to save one. Each directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aefskysa
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the files

Hi, Suppose I have 2 files of yesterday's. And today I have received 3 files. Before processing anything I want to archieve the 2 files of yesterday's into a different folder. How can this be done? Regards, Sunitha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with archiving using find

Dear Unix Experts, I am trying to backup some legacy data based on date. I am pasting a small portion from the ls -al command from my session for reference. athena>ls -al ./nmr/exam1d_13C: total 32 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 May 1 2008 1/ drwxrwxrwx 3 root ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaison75
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for backup and archiving

Hi, I am trying to develop a KSH script, to perform the following functions: 1. ZIP the previous day backup to ZIP Directory, while removing any ZIP file older than a week. 2. Perform the backup. 3. Send a confirmation mail with subject content of the size of file. Please let me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnprince1980
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the files

hi, Am trying to acrhive a bunch of files on some ftp site and somehow managed to come out with the below logic. I'm getting "syntax error: unexpected end of file" error. Interestingly this below snipeet works fine if run for the first time but the subsequent runs fail! Anybody has any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amee5
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs archiving

Hi , Might be the very basic question and most frequent one also.. wanted to archive the logs/files older than one month or older than 30 days to some particular location. File/log format is like below ABCD_EF_GHIJ_Defaulter_Report_(06-Jun-2014_11-50-20_AM) Source : /test/ABC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
3 Replies
SYSLOGOUT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SYSLOGOUT(8)

NAME
syslogout - modular centralized shell logout mechanism DESCRIPTION
syslogout is a generic approach to enable centralized shell logout actions for all users of a given system in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysadmins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/syslogout shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are con- tained in the /etc/syslogout.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by the /etc/syslogout script. For shell sessions, the contents of /etc/syslogout.d/" will be sourced by every user at logout if the following lines are present in his $HOME/.bash_logout: if [ -f /etc/syslogout ]; then . /etc/syslogout fi If used for X sessions it is advisable to include the former statement into the Xreset script of the X display manager instead to prevent that closing of an terminal emulator window yields unexpected results in your running X session if your X11 terminal emulator is using a login shell. Be sure then to run it under the user-id of the X session's user. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ for illustration. Users not wanting /etc/syslogout to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosyslogout in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/syslogout.d/ can simply be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.syslogout.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/syslogout.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syslo- gout.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private scripts to be automagically executed by /etc/syslogout at logout time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ and the manual page for bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at login time check out the related package sysprofile(8) which is a very close compan- ion to syslogout. BUGS
syslogout in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
syslogout was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSLOGOUT(8)