Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: even odd script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers even odd script Post 302070498 by snyper2k2 on Wednesday 5th of April 2006 10:52:42 AM
Old 04-05-2006
even odd script

I need a unix script that check for even or odd. EXAMPLE::::

please enter the number to check: 12

the output: This is an even number

it has to have prompts.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd .sh behavior in script

Hello, I have been working on a what I thought was a fairly simple script for installing a software kit on Linux and Unix I am not new to scripting but am far from being fluent in sh scripting. any assistance would be appreciated. I have an odd bug occuring when executing the script. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Odd" behavior exiting shell script

Is it normal behavior for a shell script that terminates to terminate its parent shell when executed with the "." option? For example, if I have the example script (we'll name it ex.sh): #!/bin/sh if then echo "Bye." exit 2 fi And I execute it like this: >./ex.sh It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the odd one out!

Hi guys, I wondered if someone would be able to help me. I have a number of files which all have entries in them looking something like; And I'm looking for a way where by I can compare a number of these files and identify the odd numbers in the sequence. So for example if I had to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

something odd with my awk script

The code I am using #!/bin/sh for FILE in *.cfg; do awk '{ print; if ($1 == "host_name") store_name = $2; if ($1 == "register") { printf("\t\t parents\t\t\t %s-ilo\n", store_name); } }' "$FILE" > ../new-files/hosts/$FILE sed -i -e "s/notification_options.*/notification_options... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag7720
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Perl script in a Bash script -Odd Situation

I am creating a startup script for an application. This application's startup script is in bash. It will also need to call a perl script (which I will not be able to modify) for the application environment prior to calling the application. The problem is that this perl script creates a new shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Odd results when my script runs from cron..

Hi folks, So I wrote a script to run "top", "awk" out values fro the "top" and send the results to a data file. I then set it to run in cron every 15 minutes. Now I'm noticing that the script, and it's sub-commands are not always cleanly finishing and, in my investigations, I am also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
11 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Odd(?) shell script practise

Hello, I often stumble over a common shell coding practise. Example 1: #!/bin/sh # # Licensed Materials - Property of IBM # Rational ClearCase # (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1999, 2010. All Rights Reserved # US Government Users Restricted Rights - # Use, duplication or disclosure restricted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Odd behaviour with Expect password update script

Hi there. I've been forced by circumstance to write an expect script to handle password updates on a number of servers. There's a mix of Solaris 8, 9, 10, RedHat and Ubuntu. There's no chance the client will allow us to hook them up to a directory, so we have to make do. This script is mostly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whetu
0 Replies
CHECKSECURITY(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  CHECKSECURITY(8)

NAME
checksecurity - Run a collection of simple system checks SYNOPSIS
checksecurity DESCRIPTION
The checksecurity command runs a small collection of simple system checks which are designed to catch a few common security issues. check- security is run by cron in a daily basis. CONFIGURATION
The checksecurity.conf file defines several configuration variables: MAILTO, CHECK_DISKFREE, CHECK_PASSWD and CHECK_SETUID LOGDIR. Each is described below. The checksecurity program works with a collection of plugins which are located in /usr/share/checksecurity and are configured individually by their own configuration file. CHECK_PASSWD If this is set to TRUE then the check-passwd script will be invoked. This script is designed to report upon system accounts which have no passwords. CHECK_DISKFREE If this is set to TRUE then the check-diskfree script will be invoked and will allow an alert to be sent if there is any mounted partition is running short on disk space. CHECK_SETUID If this is set to TRUE then the check-setuid script will be invoked, this will compare the setuid binaries upon the system to those that existed previously and show the differences. FILES
/etc/checksecurity.conf checksecurity configuration file SEE-ALSO See also check-diskfree(8), check-setuid(8), and check-passwd(8) Debian Linux 2 February 1997 CHECKSECURITY(8)