Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulating awk $variables using sed? Post 302070432 by r0sc0 on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 06:53:39 PM
Old 04-04-2006
Im impressed and thoroughly grateful. Thanks! Works perfect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed on bash variables (or maybe awk?)

Hi all- I've been fooling with this for a few days, but I'm rather new at this... I have a bash variable containing a long string of various characters, for instance: JUNK=this that the other xyz 1234 56 789 I don't know what "xyz" actually is, but I know that: START=he other and ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rev66
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables within awk/sed commands

Can I use my own variables within awk and sed for example: I've written a while loop with a counter $i and I want to use the value of $i within sed and awk to edit certain lines of text within a data file. I want to use : sed '1s/$/texthere/g' data.csv Like this: sed '$is/$/$age/g' data.csv... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustaine85
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a header file using awk or sed

Hi Guys, Is there a simple way of doing the below. Available<spaces>Assigned<spaces>Maximum<spaces>Maximum<spaces>Page<spaces>Total <spaces>Used<spaces>Pct<spaces>Max. Pct<CR> Space<spaces>Capacity<spaces>Extension<spaces>Reduction<spaces>Size<spaces>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating env variables for user apache?

So that they can be used in a cgi script? How best to do this? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:38 AM ---------- Anyone that can help me with this? Basically I want to add an environment variable that will be visible to the cgi scripts when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print pattern between two variables awk sed

I am trying to print text between two variables in a file I have tried the following things but none seem to work: awk ' /'$a'/ {flag=1;next} /'$b'/{flag=0} flag { print }' file and also sed "/$a/,/$b/p" file But none seem to work Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumbaba
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating xyz file with awk-if-else or sed

Hi forum, I am really hoping somebody can please help me here. I have a dataset in xyz format, with longitude as x, latitude as y and data readings as z. eg. 0 90 -8 1 90 23 2 90 -4 etc etc etc What i am looking to do is format the data so that x and y are untouched, however in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shlam16
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with manipulating environmental variables in UNIX

I am wondering if there is away to increment a date in c shell. What I need to do is basic, but I lack the knowledge. I have they following environmental variable in my job scripts setenv YYYY `date '+%Y'` I then set YYYY to be part of my output dataset name: setenv dd_OUTPUTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating variables in shell script

Hello, I know this should be simple but cant find a solution yet.I have the following in a sh script called "var" #!/bin/bash var1=0 And on another script called "main" I use a if construct: #!/bin/bash . var if then Do this else do that fi Now in "do this" part,I have to change... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijai
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of Variables in a sed/awk script

Hi, After looking at the differents post on this forum, I am convinced that I will benefit from the experience of advanced Unix user on some script I have already done for an aeronautical study. Here is one of them : Step 1 : sed -e "s/??/00/g" Base_Awk.txt > Awk_Cut_00.txt4; sed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc_Camoc
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating variables using sed or awk

Hi, I have a file(testfile.txt) that contains list of variables as shown below. T $$FirstName=James $$LastName=Fox $$Dateofbirth=1980-02-04 ……and so on there are 50 different variables. I am writing a script(script1.sh) that will update the above three variable one by one with the values... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
6 Replies
SET_INCLUDE_PATH(3)							 1						       SET_INCLUDE_PATH(3)

set_include_path - Sets the include_path configuration option

SYNOPSIS
string set_include_path (string $new_include_path) DESCRIPTION
Sets the include_path configuration option for the duration of the script. PARAMETERS
o $new_include_path - The new value for the include_path RETURN VALUES
Returns the old include_path on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 set_include_path(3) example <?php // Works as of PHP 4.3.0 set_include_path('/usr/lib/pear'); // Works in all PHP versions ini_set('include_path', '/usr/lib/pear'); ?> Example #2 Adding to the include path Making use of the PATH_SEPARATOR constant, it is possible to extend the include path regardless of the operating system. In this example we add /usr/lib/pear to the end of the existing include_path. <?php $path = '/usr/lib/pear'; set_include_path(get_include_path() . PATH_SEPARATOR . $path); ?> SEE ALSO
ini_set(3), get_include_path(3), restore_include_path(3), include(3). PHP Documentation Group SET_INCLUDE_PATH(3)