Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: string concatenation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers string concatenation Post 302070392 by systemsb on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 12:03:32 PM
Old 04-04-2006
It works

Thanks Everyone for your suggestions and tips

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help concatenation string and variable

Hello, in my script i have this lines of code in a while cycle: .. let j=i+1 t_prod_$i = `cat myfile.csv | grep world | cut -d ";" -f$j` let i+=1 ... So if i try an echo $t_prod_$i at the end of the cycle i cannot see the right value obtained by `cat myfile.csv | grep world |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drain
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation with spaces

Hi, I have a variable $ID=40 and I need to build a string like 40 40 40 40 40 40 so repeating ID 'n' times separated by spaces. Any help? Thanks Sarah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Concatenation

Hi All, I need to concatenate the values in the array into a variable. Currently the code is : for (( i=1 ; i <= $minCount ; i++ )) do var="${var}""${sample_file}" done The output is : /tmp/1/tmp/2/tmp/3/tmp/4/tmp/5/tmp/6/tmp/7/tmp/8/tmp/9/tmp/10 I need a space between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String/Variable Concatenation

Hello, Trying to concatenate the following using bourne shell: # !/bin/bash # this works in bash shell e.g. get the results I am expecting fnTmp=C$cindex.$station_0.$station_1.$station_3.$ts.tmp # # under !/bin/sh # the results are not the same Any assistance would be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation problems

#! /bin/csh set tt=12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr=`echo $tt | cut -d_ -f1` set rr1=welcome set ff=$rr $rr1 echo $ff why $ff returned only 12345 and not 12345welcome? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String / Variable Concatenation

Hi all, I'm trying to build a variable name automatically through a for loop for a script I'm working on, basically I want to build the variables named: $JVM_HOME0 or $JVM_HOME1 so that I can loop through some file copy/deletes and a server restart once completed. With the code below, I get this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydroponx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation problem

Hi there, I'm writing a basic script where I want to make a string of 2 numeric fields from a file, which I have done, but the behavior is rather confusing. I have a file of random values such as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and my awk code is: BEGIN { FS = " " } { str = str $1 $2 } END {... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HMChadwick
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group by and string concatenation

Hi, I was trying to work on a file which had the following data format 1 hi 1 this 1 is 1 john 2 hello 3 test 3 case the expected output file is the below 1 hi, this, is, john 2 hello 3 test, case I tried using awk or while read, but I couldnt... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikbhuvana
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies
PSPELL_NEW(3)								 1							     PSPELL_NEW(3)

pspell_new - Load a new dictionary

SYNOPSIS
int pspell_new (string $language, [string $spelling], [string $jargon], [string $encoding], [int $mode]) DESCRIPTION
pspell_new(3) opens up a new dictionary and returns the dictionary link identifier for use in other pspell functions. For more information and examples, check out inline manual pspell website:http://aspell.net/. PARAMETERS
o $language - The language parameter is the language code which consists of the two letter ISO 639 language code and an optional two letter ISO 3166 country code after a dash or underscore. o $spelling - The spelling parameter is the requested spelling for languages with more than one spelling such as English. Known values are 'american', 'british', and 'canadian'. o $jargon - The jargon parameter contains extra information to distinguish two different words lists that have the same language and spell- ing parameters. o $encoding - The encoding parameter is the encoding that words are expected to be in. Valid values are 'utf-8', 'iso8859-*', 'koi8-r', 'viscii', 'cp1252', 'machine unsigned 16', 'machine unsigned 32'. This parameter is largely untested, so be careful when using. o $mode - The mode parameter is the mode in which spellchecker will work. There are several modes available: o PSPELL_FAST - Fast mode (least number of suggestions) o PSPELL_NORMAL - Normal mode (more suggestions) o PSPELL_BAD_SPELLERS - Slow mode (a lot of suggestions) o PSPELL_RUN_TOGETHER - Consider run-together words as legal compounds. That is, "thecat" will be a legal compound, although there should be a space between the two words. Changing this setting only affects the results returned by pspell_check(3); pspell_suggest(3) will still return suggestions. Mode is a bitmask constructed from different constants listed above. However, PSPELL_FAST, PSPELL_NORMAL and PSPELL_BAD_SPELLERS are mutually exclusive, so you should select only one of them. RETURN VALUES
Returns the dictionary link identifier on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pspell_new(3) <?php $pspell_link = pspell_new("en", "", "", "", (PSPELL_FAST|PSPELL_RUN_TOGETHER)); ?> PHP Documentation Group PSPELL_NEW(3)