Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed Command - Need Additional Assistnce Post 302070125 by vgersh99 on Friday 31st of March 2006 03:13:45 PM
Old 03-31-2006
Code:
sed -e 's/[^,"][ ]"/"/g' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Additional Password Features

Hello: I have a customer who is requesting the following security features on a Solaris 8 system: 1. Password history for the three previous passwords. 2. User account lockout after 3 failed login attempts. Can anyone help provide me with a solution or direction for the above? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert command and variable expansion/command substitution

I know this script is crummy, but I was just messing around.. how do I get sed's insert command to allow variable expansion to show the filename? #!/bin/bash filename=`echo $0` /usr/bin/sed '/#include/ { i\ the filename is `$filename` }' $1 exit 0 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a file from ls -l command and append additional info to results

I need to be able to take the results from ls -l command and modify the output as follows: I will run ls -l *.mak My results will be aa.mak bb.mak cc.mak I then need to take those results and create a file that has the following info: dsjj/ubin/aa dsjj/ubin/bb dsjj/ubin/cc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display Additional Variable string in awk print command

Hi all, I have script to monitor and sum up the total memory use up for each individual process. proc=$1 svmon -P -O summary=basic,unit=MB|awk 'NR>4'|grep -w "${proc}" |awk '{sum+=$3} END {printf "\t" sum """\n";}' But I would like the script to be able to display as following ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if else with additional condition

Input file: 3420023_3422482,3422486_3423070 46910 1795263_1798343 32681 1837399_1838886 1534 2148674_2149696,2149698_2149772 10203 3825382_3825555,3827296_3827900 198 1839890_1840294 72 . . Output file 3420023_3422482,3422486_3423070 3420023_3422482,3422486_3423070 46910 1795263... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of sed command to another sed command

Hi All, I'm relatively new to Unix scripting and am trying to get my head around piping. I'm trying to take a header record from one file and prepend it to another file. I've done this by creating several temp files but i'm wondering if there is a cleaner way to do this. I'm thinking... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigCroyd
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
praudit(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       praudit(1M)

NAME
praudit - print contents of an audit trail file SYNOPSIS
praudit [-lrsx] [-ddel] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
praudit reads the listed filenames (or standard input, if no filename is specified) and interprets the data as audit trail records as defined in audit.log(4). By default, times, user and group IDs (UIDs and GIDs, respectively) are converted to their ASCII representation. Record type and event fields are converted to their ASCII representation. A maximum of 100 audit files can be specified on the command line. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ddel Use del as the field delimiter instead of the default delimiter, which is the comma. If del has special meaning for the shell, it must be quoted. The maximum size of a delimiter is three characters. The delimiter is not meaningful and is not used when the -x option is specified. -l Print one line per record. -r Print records in their raw form. Times, UIDs, GIDs, record types, and events are displayed as integers. This option and the -s option are exclusive. If both are used, a format usage error message is output. -s Print records in their short form. All numeric fields are converted to ASCII and displayed. The short ASCII representations for the record type and event fields are used. This option and the -r option are exclusive. If both are used, a format usage error message is output. -x Print records in XML form. Tags are included in the output to identify tokens and fields within tokens. Output begins with a valid XML prolog, which includes identification of the DTD which can be used to parse the XML. FILES
/etc/security/audit_event Audit event definition and class mappings. /etc/security/audit_class Audit class definitions. /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd Directory containing the verisioned DTD file referenced in XML output, for example, adt_record.dtd.1. /usr/share/lib/xml/style Directory containing the versioned XSL file referenced in XML output, for example, adt_record.xsl.1. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The command stability is evolving. The output format is unstable. SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), audit(2), getauditflags(3BSM), audit.log(4), audit_class(4), audit_event(4), group(4), passwd(4), attributes(5) NOTES
This functionality is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 6 Jan 2003 praudit(1M)