Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reading *.chm files?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading *.chm files? Post 302070082 by shesatmine on Friday 31st of March 2006 08:27:45 AM
Old 03-31-2006
chmdeco is text-mode program but not sure if helps you.

Description: CHM decompiler is a program that converts the internal files of CHM files back into the HHP, HHC, and HHK, etc. used to compile the documentation.

Salut

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read *.chm file under linux?

How can I read *chm (compiled HTML) file under linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading gz files

Hi, I have a simple perl script where I am passing array of gziped files to the while loop and trying to read content of each field one line at the time using gzcat. Yet, I can not get it to work Here is what I am doing ... while ($filename=shift) { open(MYFILE, "| gzcat $filename"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to view .chm format files?

how can i open the .chm format files in fedora7 and rhel3,4 files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chm and pdf help in terminal (rename)

i have a cd of pdf and chm documents that i transfered from my windows xp box. i transfered the files to my linux box (ubuntu hardy). unfortunately, i used to be a windows GUI only user so the use of spaces and "( )" and underscores. now that i use linux, ive been using CLI for using and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Reading Files In

I'm looking to write a script where i look in a file called files.txt. This file has a list of other files in there. I want the script to be able to look at this files.txt and go off and find the files that are listed in another directory. I am doing it this way as filenames change week in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading two files

Hi, I have 2 files file 1 ---- 10013 This is a text 10014 This is a test 10015 This is a temp file 2 ---- 10013 010014737 ADSM 1300004 E 10014 020012323 ABCD 1718888 E 10015 030121212 ADSW 1290991 E need to compare column1 in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: injeti
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Application to create/edit chm files

Does someone knows an application to create/edit *.chm files? Any suggestion will be much appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in reading N days files from a Directory & combining the files

Hi All, Request your expertise in tackling one requirement in my project,(i dont have much expertise in Shell Scripting). The requirement is as below, 1) We store the last run date of a process in a file. When the batch run the next time, it should read this file, get the last run date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-13 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)