Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Howto Simplify/Factorize Exports in .bash_profile Post 302069883 by monkfan on Wednesday 29th of March 2006 10:46:09 PM
Old 03-29-2006
Howto Simplify/Factorize Exports in .bash_profile

Dear expert,

My .bash_profile contain the following lines:

Code:
# User specific environment and startup programs
export CFLAGS="-I $HOME/.libstree/include"; 
export LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/.libstree/lib";
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/libstree-0.4.2/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

export CFLAGS="-I $HOME/.gsl/include"; 
export LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/.gsl/lib"; 
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/gsl-1.7/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

export CFLAGS="-I $HOME/.swish/include"; 
export LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/.swish/lib"; 
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/.swish/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

I wonder how can I simplify those multiple: CFLAGS,LDFLAGS,and LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Second question is that, why after doing "printenv" the CFLAGS,LDFLAGS are only shown for .swish? namely the last block of export for .swish?

Code:
$ printenv | grep 'CFLAGS'

Gives only:
CFLAGS=-I /home/ewijaya/.swish/include

and

Code:
$ printenv | grep 'LDFLAGS'

Gives only:
LDFLAGS=-L /home/ewijaya/.swish/lib

But it's okay for LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
Code:
$ printenv | grep 'LD_LIBRARY'
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/.swish/lib:/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/gsl-1.7/lib:/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/libstree-0.4.2/lib:

Thanks so much beforehand.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/exports

i have the following entry in /etc/exports which is /opt/hpxt. i am on hpux b11.0.0 questions 1) is /hpxt in the same physical machine? got confused by the meaning of export. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nfs exports and netmask option

Setting up nfs on a redhat ES 4 gives me following issue that i can't explain. My nfs was working perfect whith following /etc/exports on the server /home/test/nfstest 198.9.200.227(rw,sync,no_root_squash) But after a powerloss and restart of the server it only works with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Factorize some rows in a column

HI! I have a file containing a column of numbers with 69 rows. I won't to factorize row 20 to 50 with 1.03 How do I do that? (I'm a beginner as you easily can understand) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frebo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto Simplify Multiple Exports in .bash_profile

Dear expert, My .bash_profile contain the following lines: # User specific environment and startup programs export CFLAGS="-I $HOME/.libstree/include"; export LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/.libstree/lib"; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/libstree-0.4.2/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I simplify the script

Hi all, How can I simplify following script, Logic is to find two strings (strings are case sensitive) from a file. if ; then if ; then Group=`echo $1_hostname` fi fi Please help me on this. Regards Sudhish s. kumar (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhish
8 Replies

6. Programming

Listing function exports from object file

Is it possible to view all the functions exported by a given object file? "dump -tv" comes the closest, but what exactly am I looking for to determine whether the symbol exists in the object file? Essentially, I have a library that requires a call to "xdr_sizeof" and the compile is failing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
5 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Exports file

Why can I not add more than 1 filesystem to the /etc/exports file and export them via smitty, or command line? I have tried, I stopped the NFS daemons, edited the /etc/exports file by hand, saved it, then re-started NFS, but it only still exports the first line in the exports file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
4 Replies

8. SCO

Problem with nfs exports between 5.0.5 and 5.0.7

Hello everyone! I have two systems: an old SCO 5.0.5 Openserver (here's the uname -a output): /# uname -a SCO_SV munixela 3.2 5.0.5 i386 And a SCO 5.0.7 OpenServer (uname -a output): /# uname -a SCO_SV catedral 3.2 5.0.7 i386 I exported a Filesystem from the 5.0.7 machine, using the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: superchivo
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS not showing under /etc/fstab nor /etc/exports

Hi guys, I was asked to perform the following: On server usdfslpsap04 following NFS mounts should be disabled usdfslpwmt3:/u01/opt/wm6_data/ebiz_edi/CALIBER_data 50412232 13369544 34481872 28% /u01/opt/wm6_data/ebiz_edi/CALIBER_data usauxoradw:/DWH/Transfer/current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simplify this code?

hi guys need your help...how to simplify this script... for i in `cat dmp.txt` do model=$i more $model | grep : | cut -d ":" -f 2- | grep : | grep -v "=" > temp1 more $model | grep / | cut -d ":" -f 2- > temp2 more $model | grep = | cut -d ":" -f 2- > temp3 more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
2 Replies
fmt(1)								   User Commands							    fmt(1)

NAME
fmt - simple text formatters SYNOPSIS
fmt [-cs] [-w width | -width] [inputfile...] DESCRIPTION
fmt is a simple text formatter that fills and joins lines to produce output lines of (up to) the number of characters specified in the -w width option. The default width is 72. fmt concatenates the inputfiles listed as arguments. If none are given, fmt formats text from the standard input. Blank lines are preserved in the output, as is the spacing between words. fmt does not fill nor split lines beginning with a `.' (dot), for compatibility with nroff(1). Nor does it fill or split a set of contiguous non-blank lines which is determined to be a mail header, the first line of which must begin with "From". Indentation is preserved in the output, and input lines with differing indentation are not joined (unless -c is used). fmt can also be used as an in-line text filter for vi(1). The vi command: !}fmt reformats the text between the cursor location and the end of the paragraph. OPTIONS
-c Crown margin mode. Preserve the indentation of the first two lines within a paragraph, and align the left margin of each subsequent line with that of the second line. This is useful for tagged paragraphs. -s Split lines only. Do not join short lines to form longer ones. This prevents sample lines of code, and other such formatted text, from being unduly combined. -w width | -width Fill output lines to up to width columns. OPERANDS
inputfile Input file. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for a description of the LC_CTYPE environment variable that affects the execution of fmt. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nroff(1), vi(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
The -width option is acceptable for BSD compatibility, but it may go away in future releases. SunOS 5.10 9 May 1997 fmt(1)