Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dates of previous years
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dates of previous years Post 302069441 by hegemaro on Sunday 26th of March 2006 08:59:02 AM
Old 03-26-2006
If you are simply looking for a quick reference and not a solution to be used as part of a script, the cal(1) command works nicely.

Usage: cal [ [ month ] year ]

Code:
# cal 2 2000
   February 2000
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
       1  2  3  4  5
 6  7  8  9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a log file to filter previous dates

Hi, I have problem of filtering a log file from my perl script. #cat /data/pinpe.csv_20070731 | nawk -v FS=, '{print $1','$18','$22','$26}' | grep -w 100 | grep -w 1 | nawk '{print $4}' Below is the output: 2009-06-16 2009-01-29 2009-06-02 2008-03-05 2007-08-05 2007-09-24... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using 'date' to get previous days' dates

I am familiar with using the 'date' command to get the current date but I have a situation where I need to get the previous day's date as well as the date two days prior. Theoretically I could use 'expr' to compute these values but I need it to work in instances where the previous month's dates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slant-40
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get previous or future dates based on input value

Hi, I need something like, if the input date is 24/Aug/2008 and the inputvalue is +8 then the result should be 1/Sep/2008 (8 days after the input date) if the input date is 24/Aug/2008 and the inputvalue is -8 then the result should be 16/Aug/2008 (8 days before the input date) is there any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Command to separate this years files and last years?

Hello - I have a folder that contains files from 2003 till 2010. I am trying to figure out a command that would seperate each years file and show me a count? Even if i can find a command that would give me year by year count, thats good enough too. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get the Missing dates between two dates in the table?

Hi Am Using Unix Ksh ... I have a Table called date select * from date ; Date 01/02/2013 06/02/2013 I need the output as Missing Date 01/02/2013 02/02/2013 03/02/2013 04/02/2013 05/02/2013 06/02/2013 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

8. Linux

Get all the files from a FTP location with previous week's dates in the file names using Linux

I have a weird requirement where I have to get the files from a FTP(Lets say FTP1) location and place it on my current FTP(Lets say FTP2) location. The issue is, these are daily files (in a pattern Sales_YYYYMMDD_report.csv) and are placed every day on FTP1 and my process usually runs on Monday(eg.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display previous days dates in ksh

---------- Post updated at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 AM ---------- Sorry for a duplicate post, my post at the first place could not appear due to some net issue on my machine. Here is what i posted earlier: Hi, i am using ksh in Solaris, i wanted to assign today's,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr5439
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : difference between two dates in years

hello folks, I have a requirement in which I have to calculate the difference of localdate(today's date) and the given(earlier) date and to check whether the difference is exactly a year or more than that(can be 1 year or 2 years or 3 years.. ) . Could anyone please let me know the logic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of Easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-3hjy] [-A number] [-B number] [[month] year] cal [-3hj] [-A number] [-B number] -m month [year] ncal [-3hjJpwy] [-A number] [-B number] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-3hJeo] [-A number] [-B number] [year] ncal [-CN] [-H yyyy-mm-dd] [-d yyyy-mm] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of Easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -h Turns off highlighting of today. -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of Easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of Easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. If month is specified as a decimal number, it may be followed by the letter 'f' or 'p' to indicate the following or preceding month of that number, respectively. -o Display date of Orthodox Easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. -3 Display the previous, current and next month surrounding today. -A number Display the number of months after the current month. -B number Display the number of months before the current month. -C Switch to cal mode. -N Switch to ncal mode. -d yyyy-mm Use yyyy-mm as the current date (for debugging of date selection). -H yyyy-mm-dd Use yyyy-mm-dd as the current date (for debugging of highlighting). A single parameter specifies the year (1-9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calendar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as speci- fied by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calen- dar for the month of August in the current year). Not all options can be used together. For example ``-3 -A 2 -B 3 -y -m 7'' would mean: show me the three months around the seventh month, three before that, two after that and the whole year. ncal will warn about these combinations. A year starts on January 1. Highlighting of dates is disabled if stdout is not a tty. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian-Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. Not all options are compatible and using them in different orders will give varying results. BSD
March 14, 2009 BSD