Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed insert and Change lines help needed Post 302069297 by JunkYardWars on Friday 24th of March 2006 04:00:51 AM
Old 03-24-2006
Sed insert and Change lines help needed

Hi,
How can i use insert and change command in ksh shell.
I am using :
sed -e '1i\TEXTTOBEINSERTED\' FILENAME
But there is no effect...

Also
sed -e 'c\thisischange\' Filename
Please Explain how to proceed??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(sed) parsing insert statement column that crosses multiple lines

I have a file with a set of insert statements some of which have a single column value that crosses multiple lines causing the statement to fail in sql*plue. Can someone help me with a sed script to replace the new lines with chr(10)? here is an example: insert into mytable(id, field1, field2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjordan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script selective insert between lines

Hi I have a file in the foll. format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD AV* Data *FIELD RF* *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD RF* (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk to insert multiple lines before pattern

I'm attempting to insert multiple lines before a line matching a given search pattern. These lines are generated in a separate function and can either be piped in as stdout or read from a temporary file. I've been able to insert the lines from a file after the pattern using: sed -i '/pattern/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zksailor534
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - insert two lines

I have done this sed command to insert one line after a specific string is found: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string' file1 But how do I insert two lines? This is not possible: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string \a new line string 2' file1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert few lines above a match using sed, and within a perl file.

Greetings all, I am trying to match a string, and after that insert a few lines above that match. The string is "Version 1.0.0". I need to insert a few lines ONLY above the first match (there are many Version numbers in the file). The rest of the matches must be ignored. The lines I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagaraj s
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text 2 lines above pattern

Hi I am trying to insert a block of text 2 lines above a pattern match using sed eg #Start of file entry { } #End of file entry new bit of text has to be put in just above the } eg #Start of file entry { New bit of text } #End of file entry (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert charactera in 1st position of specific lines using vi editor or sed command

Dear all, i am having text file like below surya rama ranga laxman rajesh reddy i want add string (OK) before a text from line 3 to 5 the result will be surya rama OK ranga OK laxman OK rajesh reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command to Insert a line before the last four lines of the file

By using sed command, How to insert a new line before the last four lines of the file. Old Line Old Line NEW LINE! Old Line Old Line Old Line Old Line (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wridler
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed; insert text two lines above match

Hi! Considering below text, how would I use sed to insert text right below the v0005-line, using the SEPARATOR-line as a pattern to search for, so two lines above the separator? I can do it right above the separator, but not 2 lines... # v0004 - Some text # v0005 - More text #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to insert text between lines

Hello, I am trying to insert a section of text between lines in another text file. The new lines to be inserted are: abcd.efgh.zzzz=blah abcd.efgh.xxxx=blah Where N = 0 to 2 Original File: abcd.efgh.wwxx=aaaaa abcd.efgh.yyzz=bbbbb abcd.efgh.wwxx=aaaaa abcd.efgh.yyzz=bbbbb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsu3000
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)