Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fibonacci series
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fibonacci series Post 302069149 by nycol on Thursday 23rd of March 2006 02:25:13 AM
Old 03-23-2006
Actually it was a problem I was trying to solve using a do while loop at age 42 I don't think it's homework

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C with MQ Series

Hi, Any one please let me know, how to write in to MQ Series through C. I tried, but it was vein, am expecting material(URL) or code. Thanks, Naga:cool: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in fibonacci series

hi, I'm a beginner to UNIX and got some problem in this fibonacci.Please help me out.Here is the code: fibo() { if then fibo=` expr {fibo ($1 - 2)} + {fibo ($1 - 1)}` | bc echo $fibo fi } echo "enter a number:" read x #echo "The fibonnacci series for value $x is:" fibo $x ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: janani_kalyan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to generate Fibonacci series using recursion

I am facing problem with Shell script to generate Fibonacci series using recursion i.e. recursive function. Here is my script: #!/bin/sh fibo() { no=$1 if ; then return 0 elif ; then return 1 else a1=`expr $no - 1` fibo $a1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapas Bose
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers

pls give me the solution for this i need it for my exam pls pls pls Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kshitija
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell script to find sum of first n numbers of Fibonacci series

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Shell script to find sum of first n numbers of Fibonacci series 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kshitija
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does fibonacci sequence script stop making sense at 92nd iteration?

So, Just for practice, I wrote a simple fibonacci sequence script in bash. (03:08:02\$ cat fib #!/usr/bin/bash ret () { echo -ne "\n" sleep .5 } a=1 b=2 echo -n $a #1 A ret echo -n $b #2 B ret (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
8 Replies

7. Programming

Fibonacci (assembly)

When i run this with gcc filename.s -o filename. It is giving fatal error: Unknown opcode at define registers. Anyhelp will be appreciated .section ".data" prompt: .asciz "\nThis program prints the Fibonacci sequence" prompt2: .asciz "\nEnter a limit on the largest number to be displayed:"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
2 Replies

8. Solaris

M Series

Hi All, Do anyone know if I upgrade cpu module and memory module for one of the domain inside Sun M5000. After the upgrade, will the hostid for the domain change or it will remain as long we don't change the system board? Currently will try to upgrade one of the Sun M5000 with 4 domains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

program to find and print a Fibonacci sequence of numbers. --Errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to convert a C language program over to Sparc Assembley and I am getting Undefined first referenced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenjiro310
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fibonacci series -going into infinite loop

Hello, I am a beginner to shell programming. Coded the following for Fibonacci series. #!/bin/bash fib() { i=0 j=1 arr=0 arr=1 echo "enter the limit:" read n while do fo= expr $j - 1 f1=$j f2= expr $j + 1 arr= expr ${arr} + ${arr} echo ${arr} (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rookie222
3 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)