Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto FTP to a server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Auto FTP to a server Post 302068954 by Dhruva on Wednesday 22nd of March 2006 03:25:39 AM
Old 03-22-2006
Hi,

It sounds great that you found the solution.Actually this script is for multiple file transfer we can ftp single file too..and it support metacharecters in filename like file* will transfer all files starting with file.After completion of script log file will be generated and those file names transferred and could not transferred will be displayed on prompt.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Auto FTP from UNIX to Windows Server

Hi, I am a not strong programmer and now my boss ask me how should I do a job to automated FTP that have error check. I know about: * using system() to call a command to trigger ftp in C Coding. The senarios as follows: 1. FTP the file(s) (e.g ELA_20060407.dat) to a given LAN server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: songtam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto ftp the files

i have writen a shell to ftp a file automatically by taking the input from a file i have created on file tstftp as set timeout 120 ftp spawn ftp expect "ftp>" send "o 11.90.2.20 \r" expect "Name:" send "itcomxxl\r" expect "Password:" send "csms091206\r" expect "ftp>" send "prompt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count and Auto FTP

Hi, I really need to create a script that counts for file and ftp's them to a windows directory. !st problem i'm having is getting it to ftp withouty prompting me, i tried |& on the end of the ftp, but then it just hits a syntax error. 2nd problem is, i have to have a wildcard in this script. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dappa
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Server auto ping to 0.0.0.0

Hi All, 3 of my SAP sun server are continuosly pinging to the network address 0.0.0.0. I have no idea how this can happen, but they have something in common. All of them are clustered environment (Veritas Cluster). Anyone can help? rgds, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Ftp pseudo random file

I have a script that generates a file which is my own incarnation of a date using the 'date' function (we'll call this script a). I would like that script to invoke my other script (script b) which contains my ftp info. Since I have yet to figure out a good way to use regular ftp (yes i can only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server?

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need HELP] Find aging file and auto FTP

Dear Experts, I have script to find aging file like this: find /ArchiveINTF/INTF name "*" -type f -mtime +365 {} \; >> agingfile.txt This script will find all files over 365 days. But, I have problem, how to auto FTP all files? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies
XFERLOG(5)							File Formats Manual							XFERLOG(5)

NAME
xferlog - ProFTPD server logfile DESCRIPTION
The xferlog file contains logging information from the FTP server daemon, proftpd(8). This file usually is found in /var/log but can be located anywhere by using a proftpd(8) configuration directive. Each server entry is composed of a single line of the following form, with all fields being separated by spaces. current-time transfer-time remote-host file-size filename transfer-type special-action-flag direction access-mode username service-name authentication-method authenticated-user-id completion-status current-time is the current local time in the form "DDD MMM dd hh:mm:ss YYYY". Where DDD is the day of the week, MMM is the month, dd is the day of the month, hh is the hour, mm is the minutes, ss is the seconds, and YYYY is the year. transfer-time is the total time in seconds for the transfer. remote-host is the remote host name. file-size is the size of the transferred file in bytes. filename is the name of the transferred file. If the filename contains any spaces or control characters, each such character is replaced by an underscore ('_') character. transfer-type is a single character indicating the type of transfer. Can be one of: a for an ascii transfer b for a binary transfer special-action-flag is one or more single character flags indicating any special action taken. Can be one or more of: C file was compressed U file was uncompressed T file was tar'ed _ no action was taken direction is the direction of the transfer. Can be one of: o outgoing i incoming d deleted access-mode is the method by which the user is logged in. Can be one of: a (anonymous) is for an anonymous guest user. r (real) is for a local authenticated user. username is the local username, or if guest, the ID string given. service-name is the name of the service being invoked, usually FTP. authentication-method is the method of authentication used. Can be one of: 0 none 1 RFC931 Authentication authenticated-user-id is the user id returned by the authentication method. A * is used if an authenticated user id is not available. completion-status is a single character indicating the status of the transfer. Can be one of: c complete transfer i incomplete transfer FILES
/var/log/xferlog AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ XFERLOG(5)