Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a file inside a script Post 302068816 by sendhilmani on Tuesday 21st of March 2006 06:26:38 AM
Old 03-21-2006
The thing is that Its not creating the file if the file doesnt exist.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find Script file location inside script

I have to find out the file system location of the script file inside script. for example a script "abc.sh" placed anywhere in the file system when executed shold tell by itself the location of it. example #pwd / #./abc this is / #cd /root #./abc this is /root #cd / #/root/abc this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asami
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check for a condition inside a file

Hi I am writing a script file which sends the log files along with their size in a folder named log to a file called temp.log using the following cmd: ls -st 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026** >> /home/user/temp.log the temp.log looks like this: 16 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_message070321.log ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File operations are failing inside the script

Hi, does any one know the environmental parameter that I have to set so as to make sure the file operations run properly within the script. right now when I am doing a cat from within the script nothing happens, same is the case when I do a grep. when I am doing awk '{print $0 }' its printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating loops inside a file and extracting and loading data

Help needed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand Shrestha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running .sh file inside a shell script

Hello, You might help a newbie like me, I am trying to run a .sh inside my shell script. After running that I need to execute below commands. Here's how my scripts looks like. Hope you can help: #!/bin/sh cd $ORACLE_HOME/owb/bin/unix ./OMBPlus.sh ---> goes to OMB+> directory cd... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to validate dates inside a file

Hi All, Looking forward a script with below requirement.Please let me know if any pointers. - there is a file which contains date - script will go inside the file and validate date is T-1 and for Friday T-3 - Send email with status -Shell is Ksh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dattatraya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating new file inside a for loop

Hi, I have list of files present in a folder. I want to search for a particular keyword sequentially and create a file which will be later used by some other program. Input files: $ ls a.dsx b.dsx c.dsx Dataline_.txt Dataline.txt loop.sh $ cat *.dsx help tyiis global for i in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies
elf_getscn(3E)															    elf_getscn(3E)

NAME
elf_getscn(), elf_ndxscn(), elf_newscn(), elf_nextscn() - get section information for ELF files SYNOPSIS
Command: [flag]... file... [library]... DESCRIPTION
These functions provide indexed and sequential access to the sections associated with the ELF descriptor elf. If the program is building a new file, it is responsible for creating the file's ELF header before creating sections; see elf_getehdr(3E). returns a section descriptor, given an index into the file's section header table. Note the first "real" section has index 1. Although a program can get a section descriptor for the section whose index is 0 the undefined section), the section has no data and the section header is "empty" (though present). If the specified section does not exist, an error occurs, or elf is null, returns a null pointer. creates a new section and appends it to the list for elf. Because the section is required and not "interesting" to applications, the library creates it automatically. Thus the first call to for an ELF descriptor with no existing sections returns a descriptor for section 1. If an error occurs or elf is null, returns a null pointer. After creating a new section descriptor, the program can use to retrieve the newly created, "clean" section header. The new section descriptor will have no associated data (see elf_getdata(3E)). When creating a new section in this way, the library updates the member of the ELF header and sets the bit for the section (see elf_flag(3E)). If the program is building a new file, it is responsible for creating the file's ELF header (see elf_getehdr(3E)) before creating new sections. takes an existing section descriptor, scn, and returns a section descriptor for the next higher section. One may use a null scn to obtain a section descriptor for the section whose index is 1 (skipping the section whose index is If no further sections are present or an error occurs, returns a null pointer. takes an existing section descriptor, scn, and returns its section table index. If scn is null or an error occurs, returns EXAMPLES
An example of sequential access appears below. Each pass through the loop processes the next section in the file; the loop terminates when all sections have been processed. scn = 0; while ((scn = elf_nextscn(elf, scn)) != 0) { /* process section */ } SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_flag(3E), elf_getdata(3E), elf_getehdr(3E), elf_getshdr(3E). elf_getscn(3E)