Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need help to split report
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help to split report Post 302068694 by getdpg on Monday 20th of March 2006 10:58:54 AM
Old 03-20-2006
currently it is generating output

7 Animator 50
8 eagle 30
8 Animator 15

but i want to split total number of failuers as per the DB , Proxeco and other

i can hardcord this names in shell scripting .

pls help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a Big Report.

Hi All, I am a newbie for Unix Script. I have report like the following: (file name: Report.txt): Report No.: AAA BE NO: 111 asfsdflsjdfklsdjfklsjfklsfsflsjdlk fsdfjsfkjsklfsfj Report No.: AAA BE NO: 111 sdfsdfjsdklfjsfkj fsdflkjsdfklsjkl Report No.: AAA (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: raychu65
16 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split BIG report using nawk

I have the following nawk script: nawk -F: '{ if($0 ~ "^Report No") {fl=1; i=0;} if(fl==1){data=$0; i++} if($0 ~ "^BE NO:") { fname = "reprot_"$2".lis"; gsub(" ","",fname); for(j=0;j<i;j++) print data > fname; fl=0; } else if(fl==0) print $0 > fname; }' filename When I try to apply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raychu65
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with split

I have a file that reads "#ID, First, P1(40), P2(40), P3(40)..." and I need to split this line up. I first did @scores = split(/,/, $input); But I need to split it up and get the the parentheses with numbers split up too, in order to add them together later. I know I need to do at least... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hawks444
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split()

Hi there, Can someone tell me why the why the element of output is not the same order as the original data? Below is the value of column 11 of 2nd line,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split one file to Multiple file with report basis in unix

Hi, Please help on this. i want split the below file(11020111.CLT) to more files with some condition. :b: 1) %s stating of the report 2) %e ending of the report example starting of the report: %sAEGONCA| |MUMBAI | :EXPC|N|D ending of the report %eAEGONCA| |MUMBAI | :EXPC 3)so the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split

Hello people, I have a huge file of say 1 gb called A123.txt.. to get the word count, i do wc -l A123.txt This gives me a count of say 122898. Now what i do is, i divide this by 4 ie. 122888/4=30722 Now i copy the content as per the above count (30722) and give some name to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i split this.. :)?

hello, :) How can i split this.. :) 10.25.10.2 two octet a=2 b=5 Thank you... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: networksherlock
23 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split and Rename Split Files

Hello, I need to split a file by number of records and rename each split file with actual filename pre-pended with 3 digit split number. What I have tried is the below command with 2 digit numeric value split -l 3 -d abc.txt F (# Will Produce split Files as F00 F01 F02) How to produce... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
19 Replies
TAP::Formatter::Base(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				 TAP::Formatter::Base(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Formatter::Base - Base class for harness output delegates VERSION
Version 3.26 DESCRIPTION
This provides console orientated output formatting for TAP::Harness. SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Formatter::Console; my $harness = TAP::Formatter::Console->new( \%args ); METHODS
Class Methods "new" my %args = ( verbose => 1, ) my $harness = TAP::Formatter::Console->new( \%args ); The constructor returns a new "TAP::Formatter::Console" object. If a TAP::Harness is created with no "formatter" a "TAP::Formatter::Console" is automatically created. If any of the following options were given to TAP::Harness->new they well be passed to this constructor which accepts an optional hashref whose allowed keys are: o "verbosity" Set the verbosity level. o "verbose" Printing individual test results to STDOUT. o "timer" Append run time for each test to output. Uses Time::HiRes if available. o "failures" Show test failures (this is a no-op if "verbose" is selected). o "comments" Show test comments (this is a no-op if "verbose" is selected). o "quiet" Suppressing some test output (mostly failures while tests are running). o "really_quiet" Suppressing everything but the tests summary. o "silent" Suppressing all output. o "errors" If parse errors are found in the TAP output, a note of this will be made in the summary report. To see all of the parse errors, set this argument to true: errors => 1 o "directives" If set to a true value, only test results with directives will be displayed. This overrides other settings such as "verbose", "failures", or "comments". o "stdout" A filehandle for catching standard output. o "color" If defined specifies whether color output is desired. If "color" is not defined it will default to color output if color support is available on the current platform and output is not being redirected. o "jobs" The number of concurrent jobs this formatter will handle. o "show_count" Boolean value. If false, disables the "X/Y" test count which shows up while tests are running. Any keys for which the value is "undef" will be ignored. "prepare" Called by Test::Harness before any test output is generated. This is an advisory and may not be called in the case where tests are being supplied to Test::Harness by an iterator. "open_test" Called to create a new test session. A test session looks like this: my $session = $formatter->open_test( $test, $parser ); while ( defined( my $result = $parser->next ) ) { $session->result($result); exit 1 if $result->is_bailout; } $session->close_test; "summary" $harness->summary( $aggregate ); "summary" prints the summary report after all tests are run. The first argument is an aggregate to summarise. An optional second argument may be set to a true value to indicate that the summary is being output as a result of an interrupted test run. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 TAP::Formatter::Base(3pm)