Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Moving machine to other site
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Moving machine to other site Post 302068674 by spacewalker on Monday 20th of March 2006 09:08:29 AM
Old 03-20-2006
Lightbulb Moving machine to other site

Hi,

IŽd like to have some opinions of waht settings we should take note before power down a server and move it to other facilities. Of course, the first thing is check the backups.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving NIS master to new machine

I am running a DNS/NIS server on and older 2.6 system. I would like to move it to a newer system running Sol9. I have not found a good HOWTO and was looking for some advice. Thanks in advance. Dave (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlalonde
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

port access to site to site VPN

Setup a site to site VPN between two cisco routers. One of the site locations is unable to access ports such as https://example.com:9001 How do I let them go into port 9001? They can ssh, ftp, telnet and everything else. Is this a VPN issue or ACL access issue? I put permit ip host... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from a dir in one machine to a dir in another machines

Hi, I am a unix newbie.I need to write a shell script to move my oracle READ WRITE datafiles from one serevr to another. I need to move it from /u01/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u01/oradata/W2KK, /u02/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u02/oradata/W2KK. That is, I actaully am moving my datafiles from one database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Virtual Machine Files from one SSD to Another

Hello All, I recently bought a new 500GB Samsung SSD drive to replace my current (*at that time) internal 256GB OCZ SSD drive. Everyday I run my Windows virtual machine (*as guest) from my Linux OS (*OpenSuSE 11.4 as host) using VMware Player. I run the VM from an External SSD drive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies

8. SCO

Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages

Some years ago our company chose to run a critical proprietary app under SCO Unix. My predecessor tried to move A SCO Unix virtual machine from our dedicated VMWare environment to a shared Cloud VMWare environment. My predecessor received licensing messages from these critical servers so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timfox1234
2 Replies

9. Linux

Help moving site

Hi there. I am completely new to SSH commands. I basically have a website on a shared server (wordpress site). Due to traffic on this site, I need to move it to a dedicated server. I have a free trial on a centOS6 dedicated server, and can access it using Putty and SSH. I can enable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CS10
2 Replies
MV(1)								   User Commands							     MV(1)

NAME
mv - move (rename) files SYNOPSIS
mv [OPTION]... [-T] SOURCE DEST mv [OPTION]... SOURCE... DIRECTORY mv [OPTION]... -t DIRECTORY SOURCE... DESCRIPTION
Rename SOURCE to DEST, or move SOURCE(s) to DIRECTORY. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. --backup[=CONTROL] make a backup of each existing destination file -b like --backup but does not accept an argument -f, --force do not prompt before overwriting -i, --interactive prompt before overwrite -n, --no-clobber do not overwrite an existing file If you specify more than one of -i, -f, -n, only the final one takes effect. --strip-trailing-slashes remove any trailing slashes from each SOURCE argument -S, --suffix=SUFFIX override the usual backup suffix -t, --target-directory=DIRECTORY move all SOURCE arguments into DIRECTORY -T, --no-target-directory treat DEST as a normal file -u, --update move only when the SOURCE file is newer than the destination file or when the destination file is missing -v, --verbose explain what is being done -Z, --context set SELinux security context of destination file to default type --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The backup suffix is '~', unless set with --suffix or SIMPLE_BACKUP_SUFFIX. The version control method may be selected via the --backup option or through the VERSION_CONTROL environment variable. Here are the values: none, off never make backups (even if --backup is given) numbered, t make numbered backups existing, nil numbered if numbered backups exist, simple otherwise simple, never always make simple backups AUTHOR
Written by Mike Parker, David MacKenzie, and Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report mv translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
rename(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/mv> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) mv invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 MV(1)