Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What’s wrong with the following? Post 302068627 by reborg on Sunday 19th of March 2006 08:09:28 PM
Old 03-19-2006
To the original poster:

Does this question relate to configuring a webserver rather than to the system as a whole? If so the question may be related more to the permissions, and whether the webserver (I'm guessing apache) user actually had access to the DocumentRoot to server the files. Apache usually requires that it use a non-priveleged user, and unless that user was a member of the root group it would not have any access to this directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong

When I execute following shell script I am getting the following error syntax error at line 50 : `<<' unmatched What am I doing wrong :confused: Script begins here ---------------- MPAN_FILE=$1 exec 3<$MPAN_FILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please tell me what do I do wrong here!

#!/usr/bin/csh # DAY=`date +%y%m%d` H=`date +%H` M=`date +%M` mailx -s "$H-Myfile" email@email.com</home/mydir/myfile Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anything wrong with this

Does anyone see anything wrong with this. #getInfraFiles() #{ # cd Infra/$DAY # rm * # /usr/bin/ftp -i -n $LINE << cmd # user "$USER" "$PASSWD" # cd $INFRAPATH # binary # mget * # bye #} besides that its commented out (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong here

Hello, I have a simple script such as ----------------------------- #! /bin/sh YEAR=`date -u +%Y`; MONTH=`date -u +%m`; DAY=`date -u +%d`; DATE=$MONTH$DAY$YEAR LOGFILES=auditTrail-$DATE LOGMATCH=$LOGFILES\* ARGUM='' # find all files and write them to a file find . -name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What am I doing wrong?

I really just mess around in UNIX, for the most part, when I want to get something done. I can usually piece things together by searching for brief how-to's on Google, but the syntax errors in my following .sh file are really confusing me. I've got lots of programming experience in other places, so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: demonpants
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this tr -d?

here is my command in bash shell on Mac OS X tiger: history | tr -d emacs here is what I get: hitory | grp "" | tr -d "" hitory | grp "" | tr -d """" hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what I m doing wrong?

when user select option 2 nothing happen.for testing purpose I put echo command but is not executing . basically when user prompt for option 2,I want to get list of database name from user separeted by space (TEST DEVL) and put into the file seprated by new line TEST DEVL after that stay on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: okreporthai
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong in here ???

]#PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/bin:/boot/grub:/boot/grup/bin: /boot/solaris/bin:/sbin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/5bin://usr/X11/bin:/usr/apache/bin:/usr/apache2/bin:/usr/appserver/bin:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong here?

I am working on a simple login ID check shell script that should prompt for a user ID then check to see if this user is logged on. Trying to get the hang of this stuff so I am thinking of my own little projects. #! /bin/sh echo "please enter a user name" read user if user=$user then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsk319342
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
Weborf(5)							File Formats Manual							 Weborf(5)

NAME
weborf.conf - configuration file for weborf daemon SYNOPSIS
/etc/weborf.conf DESCRIPTION
Weborf is a minimal webserver. Also has a limited support for webdav. Can be started as stand-alone or as SystemV daemon. This manual page documents Weborf's configuration file, used only when it is started as daemon. On debian systems, the script to run weborf as a daemon is located into /usr/share/docs/weborf and has to be manually copied into /etc/init.d Weborf is released under the GNU General Public License version 3. DESCRIPTION
Options are case sensitive. Immediately followed by the equal = sign, without any space between name and value. Lines beginning with # will be ignored and treated as comments. indexes By default weborf searches for index.html. Anyway it is possible to specify a different index file and also many index files. Name of the pages must be separated by a comma and between them there aren't spaces. basedir Default base directory used by the webserver. The default means that this will be used also when virtual hosts are enabled, if the requested host is unknown. Of course the user used for the webserver will need to have access to this directory. use-cgi Can be true or false. If false weborf will handle all files as normal files. Otherwise it will use the CGI protocol to execute some files. use-mime Can be true or false. If true weborf will send the Content-Type header to the clients. Turning it off will increase speed but might cause problems with some old clients. cgi List of extensions to consider as dynamic pages and binaries to execute them auth-bin Path of the binary that provides authentication to weborf auth-socket Path of the unix socket that weborf will use to connect to the authentication server cachedir Will set the path of the directory used for caching user Username of the user that will run the webserver. On debian this is usually www-data. virtual This directive is used to enable virtualhosts. One line is needed for each port. The format is: vir- tual#port#domain1=basedir1,domain2=basedir2 EXAMPLE
Example file can be found in /usr/share/doc/weborf/examples/weborf.conf SEE ALSO
weborf(1) VERSION
Weborf0.13 WEB
http://galileo.dmi.unict.it/wiki/weborf/ AUTHORS
Salvo "LtWorf" Tomaselli <tiposchi@tiscali.it> Salvo Rinaldi <salvin@anche.no> Minimal webserver Sep 13, 2009 Weborf(5)