Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: good mp3 player for linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers good mp3 player for linux Post 302068616 by buffoonix on Sunday 19th of March 2006 06:45:30 PM
Old 03-19-2006
mpg321 or mpg123 are nice command line mp3 players
which perfectly lend themselves to scripting without the visual noise of the other mentioned players.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need A Player For Linux.

Which video player do i need for red hat 7 and how do i run it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMOTEB
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to download a free mp3 player for linux

Does anyone of you have the links to a site where you can download a mp3 player for linux(fedora 1). :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

osx mp3 player help

Hey UNIX Saviors, I am not very familiar with unix commands so I need some detailed help please. I have a RCA Lyra MP3 player that is supposed to work as a drag and drop external drive when transferring my MP3's. In OSX, the problem is that when I delete the MP3 from the mounted drive it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eideas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Media Player Under Linux - Girl in Need

Hello Everybody, First to introduce myself, I am a total beginner to the linux scene. I'm am running it on my second desktop and so far I love it, even though it can be frustrating. Anyway... my first problem. I like to watch movies on xxxxxx on my windows box, but so far I haven't been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EricaMae999
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which player to install on Linux

Hi All, I am very new to Linux... I have just installed Red hat Linux 5.. Can anybody pls tell me the way to install different players.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
1 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to install VLC media player or any other player in SL 6.3 distro

Hi, I am unable to install VLC or any other media players in my SL 6.3 distro. I am using yum utility to install the packages, but i am getting the below error messages, --> Processing Dependency: libpng15.so.15()(64bit) for package: vlc-core-2.0.3-1.fc18.x86_64 --> Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies
URIO(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   URIO(4)

NAME
urio -- USB driver for the Rio MP3 players SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device urio Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): urio_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The urio driver provides support for Rio MP3 players from Diamond MultiMedia which attaches to the USB port. The urio device must be config- ured in the kernel, along with usb and one of the uhci or ohci controllers. Subsequently, the /dev/urio0 device can be used by the Rio userland applications. HARDWARE
The following devices are supported by the urio driver: o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 500 o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 600 o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 800 FILES
/dev/urio0 blocking device node EXAMPLES
The following line in the kernel configuration file adds the urio driver to the kernel: device urio To download a song over the USB connection into the Rio using the rio_add_song(1) utility (see the SEE ALSO section): rio_add_song /usr/local/MP3/TracyChapman/02-Fast-Car.mp3 SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) The Rio 500 SourceForge Project Web Page, http://rio500.sourceforge.net/. The Rio500 tools from SourceForge are the actual userland tools used to download, format or rename songs on players. When compiling these tools, the following pre-build configuration command will ensure that rio_usb.h is available in the include path and that the device used is /dev/urio0: CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/dev/usb" ./configure --with-devicepath='/dev' --with-deviceentry='urio0' AUTHORS
The urio driver was written by Iwasa Kazmi <kzmi@ca2.so-net.ne.jp> for FreeBSD. This manual page was written by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD