Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: burning Solaris 8 images
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers burning Solaris 8 images Post 3007 by fuji250 on Saturday 16th of June 2001 09:01:33 AM
Old 06-16-2001
burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i just add the suffix ".iso" to each file and then try?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning

Hi, I've been tring to find a burning program for Solaris 7. I haven't had to much luck on this so far. What is a program I can use for burning on solaris 7? Thx in advanced. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create ghost images of a Solaris system?

Please excuse me if I asked some stupid questions. I know this has been asked and answered, but I didn't get the answer I need yet. How do I create a ghost image of a Solaris system? And if I can do so, how do I restore it? The purpose is (just like in Windows) to restore a clean system when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: correro
3 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 images

I need a set of CD's for solaris 8 , but for THE PC. if someone could direct where to either download them or share them with me, that would be great. I need to repair a system here for legacy purposes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Burning Solaris 9 Installation ISOs to bootable CDs

Hi everyone, Im new to Solaris and am just about to install Solaris 9 on an old Sparc based machine with Solaris 8. My friend gave me the ISOs for V9, and now, i have them sitting on my Vista, and i have to start writing bootable CDs of the same. But Im not quite sure how to go about doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 02/04 CD images

Hi all friends of the Forum, i want to ask you if someone would be so kind to provide me the links for Solaris 8 02/04 CD images.. (I can't find them in the Net, maybe my google-fu is weak) (Also i don't have an Oracle Solaris support contract so i can't download them from their site) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
CD-READ(1)							   User Commands							CD-READ(1)

NAME
cd-read - manual page for cd-read version 0.83 SYNOPSIS
cd-read OPTION... Reads Information from a CD or CD-image. DESCRIPTION
-a, --access-mode=STRING Set CD control access mode -m, --mode=MODE-TYPE set CD-ROM read mode (audio, auto, m1f1, m1f2, m2mf1, m2f2) -d, --debug=INT Set debugging to LEVEL -x, --hexdump Show output as a hex dump. The default is a hex dump when output goes to stdout and no hex dump when output is to a file. -j, --just-hex Don't display printable chars on hex dump. The default is print chars too. --no-header Don't display header and copyright (for regression testing) --no-hexdump Don't show output as a hex dump. -s, --start=INT Set LBA to start reading from -e, --end=INT Set LBA to end reading from -n, --number=INT Set number of sectors to read -b, --bin-file[=FILE] set "bin" CD-ROM disk image file as source -c, --cue-file[=FILE] set "cue" CD-ROM disk image file as source -i, --input[=FILE] set source and determine if "bin" image or device -C, --cdrom-device[=DEVICE] set CD-ROM device as source -N, --nrg-file[=FILE] set Nero CD-ROM disk image file as source -t, --toc-file[=FILE] set "TOC" CD-ROM disk image file as source -o, --output-file=FILE Output blocks to file rather than give a hexdump. -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/scd0 SEE ALSO
cd-info(1) for information about a CD; cd-drive(1) for CD-ROM characteristics; iso-read(1) for information about an ISO-9660 image. cd-read version 0.83 October 2011 CD-READ(1)