Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Full File System
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Full File System Post 30009 by Breen on Tuesday 15th of October 2002 12:07:52 PM
Old 10-15-2002
Thanks fellas - I managed to get in on the boot -s ,
and cleaned out the /usr/tmp, etc, which reduced the capicity of the root, e,g
originally df -k
Capicaty Mounted On
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 100% /

to
Capicaty Mounted On
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 46% /

Following this, I ran fsck. However, the login Failure dialog/problem screen persists upon normal booting, so I think I may have to reinstall??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file system full

When I try to log in as root I get the following message realloccg /: file system full sendmail :NO Queue:low on space (have 0,SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) What should I do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopeless
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root file system full

Hi I have a Solaris 2.5.1 system. Recently my file system is full and i couldn't find what flood my root file system. Anyone can suggext any directories i should look out for. I am using Samba and Patrol agent. I am just usng this server as a file server, users cannot login into the system,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

3. Solaris

File system full?

Hi, I just started working with UNIX on an old semi-fossilized Sun workstation which I use to process LOTS of images,however, I just started to get an error message that the file system is full and then my shell tool or/and text editor freeze up. Help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bend
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Full file system?

I read the sticky and thought of a script I use on a regular basis. Since unless you patch/upgrade the df command on solaris you have a very tought time teling how full the system truly is. Output looks like $ biggest.sh /tmp Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyerder
0 Replies

5. Solaris

file system full

I am receving following Error message in /var/adm/messages "NOTICE: alloc: /: file system full" Disk space usage is as beklow: df -k $ Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 76678257 56962561 18948914 76% / /proc ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
8 Replies

6. Solaris

file system full

hello Even though I am not out of inodes or of space, the /var/adm/messages shows messages: file system full I am doing now fcsk -m (400G) and I am still waiting to see the fragmentation results (should I add another option to df to have a faster output?) Do you have any other hints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

7. Solaris

/ file system full issue

Hi All, This is Babu working as a system administrator. Here I am getting one problem with one of my Sun server's root (/) file system. In df -h command / file system showing 7.8 GB used space.But in du -hd command it showing 5.2 gb only. Please can any one help me resolve this issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/opt file system full !!!

Can anyone help me in cleaning /opt filesystem.. i have checked all the options and i have cleared all the logs and the total size of the files in /opt is shown as 1.8GB were as the size of /opt is 4.8GB but wen i run the command # df -h /opt it gives capacity 99% Please help... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjamsheed
17 Replies

9. Red Hat

File system full, but not really.

Hey all, What do you think mostly happened in the following situation? I have a Red Hat 5.5 server. Someone, somehow, managed to get two .nfs000.... type files that totaled over a terabyte in size. I removed them and thought things were back to normal. Then I started getting complains from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geelsu
2 Replies
vfstab(4)                                                          File Formats                                                          vfstab(4)

NAME
vfstab - table of file system defaults DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/vfstab describes defaults for each file system. The information is stored in a table with the following column headings: device device mount FS fsck mount mount to mount to fsck point type pass at boot options The fields in the table are space-separated and show the resource name (device to mount), the raw device to fsck (device to fsck), the default mount directory (mount point), the name of the file system type (FS type), the number used by fsck to decide whether to check the file system automatically (fsck pass), whether the file system should be mounted automatically by mountall (mount at boot), and the file system mount options (mount options). (See respective mount file system man page below in SEE ALSO for mount options.) A '-' is used to indicate no entry in a field. This may be used when a field does not apply to the resource being mounted. The getvfsent(3C) family of routines is used to read and write to /etc/vfstab. /etc/vfstab can be used to specify swap areas. An entry so specified, (which can be a file or a device), will automatically be added as a swap area by the /sbin/swapadd script when the system boots. To specify a swap area, the device-to-mount field contains the name of the swap file or device, the FS-type is "swap", mount-at-boot is "no" and all other fields have no entry. EXAMPLES
The following are vfstab entries for various file system types supported in the Solaris operating environment. Example 1: NFS and UFS Mounts The following entry invokes NFS to automatically mount the directory /usr/local of the server example1 on the client's /usr/local directory with read-only permission: example1:/usr/local - /usr/local nfs - yes ro The following example assumes a small departmental mail setup, in which clients mount /var/mail from a server mailsvr. The following entry would be listed in each client's vfstab: mailsvr:/var/mail - /var/mail nfs - yes intr,bg The following is an example for a UFS file system in which logging is enabled: /dev/dsk/c2t10d0s0 /dev/rdsk/c2t10d0s0 /export/local ufs 3 yes logging See mount_nfs(1M) for a description of NFS mount options and mount_ufs(1M) for a description of UFS options. Example 2: pcfs Mounts The following example mounts a pcfs file system on a fixed hard disk on an x86 machine: /dev/dsk/c1t2d0p0:c - /win98 pcfs - yes - The example below mounts a Jaz drive on a SPARC machine. Normally, the volume management daemon (see vold(1M)) handles mounting of remov- able media, obviating a vfstab entry. If you choose to specify a device that supports removable media in vfstab, be sure to set the mount- at-boot field to no, as below. Such an entry presumes you are not running vold. /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s2:c - /jaz pcfs - no - For removable media on a SPARC machine, the convention for the slice portion of the disk identifier is to specify s2, which stands for the entire medium. For pcfs file systems on x86 machines, note that the disk identifier uses a p (p0) and a logical drive (c, in the /win98 example above) for a pcfs logical drive. See mount_pcfs(1M) for syntax for pcfs logical drives and for pcfs-specific mount options. Example 3: CacheFS Mount Below is an example for a CacheFS file system. Because of the length of this entry and the fact that vfstab entries cannot be continued to a second line, the vfstab fields are presented here in a vertical format. In re-creating such an entry in your own vfstab, you would enter values as you would for any vfstab entry, on a single line. device to mount: svr1:/export/abc device to fsck: /usr/abc mount point: /opt/cache FS type: cachefs fsck pass: 7 mount at boot: yes mount options: local-access,bg,nosuid,demandconst,backfstype=nfs,cachedir=/opt/cache See mount_cachefs(1M) for CacheFS-specific mount options. Example 4: Loopback File System Mount The following is an example of mounting a loopback (lofs) file system: /export/test - /opt/test lofs - yes - See lofs(7FS) for an overview of the loopback file system. SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), mount(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), mount_hsfs(1M), mount_nfs(1M), mount_tmpfs(1M), mount_ufs(1M), swap(1M), getvfsent(3C) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 21 Jun 2001 vfstab(4)