Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory ? on xferring user info from one sys to another Post 29706 by kymberm on Thursday 10th of October 2002 12:51:31 PM
Old 10-10-2002
upgrade

Can't upgrade, we are configured item, would take too much paperwork to change anything, not to mention compatibility issues with software/compilers, pc cards, other hardware.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User log in info

Hi, I am using SunOS and HP-UX. I am trying to removed user that has not been using the system for a period of time. Is there anyway to find out how long since the last time the user logged on. I know there is command "last" that read from the file /etc/wtmp that hold some of information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sys info script

Hi, i need a shell script that write in a file called sys.txt this: <output of date command> HN <host name> OS <OS name> <OS version> I can have this info with uname command, but I can't write these in sys.txt. Can any one help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FastMagister
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting user info on a file

I know this is prob a simple question but anyway here goes. I want to find out the owner of a certain file. I also want to find out what permissions that owner has. Is their any command that is similair to file in that it can tell men this specfic information about a file the way file tells you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Quesa
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 sys-unconfig issue (brand new user)

ok, Newbie here..... I just installed this solaris 10 for a class I'm taking. We couldn't figure out how to change the IP so we were told to just do it from the sys-uncofig process. Well, after I did that, I lost the GUI witch isn't all that bad cuz I want to learn the cli anyways, but I keep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesays
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Info

How could I get the details about a user logged in a Unix system? ( WHat tasks did he perform or if he had changed any file or not)? Please answer my question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_dhar
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Can I restore from a flash archive without re-entering the basic sys info?

Hi I would like to be able to take adhoc backups of my systems using flash archive - flarcreate - and then restore from them to the same system without having to enter the basic configuration again when I boot from the Solaris CD. So, I'd like to be able to create a flar archive ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emjs
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 6.1 Power6 - Sys CPU utilization twice that of User

Hello, We just purchased two new 4-way (one active one failover) 5Ghz Power6 Servers (failover) with 64GB RAM (32GB per node) runing AIX 6.1 with two LPARs per node connected to our SAN with two 4GB HBAs. The PROD LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs (4 virtual) and the TEST LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies
minfo(1)						      General Commands Manual							  minfo(1)

Name
       minfo - print the parameters of a MSDOS filesystem

Note of warning
       This  manpage  has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation, and may not be entirely accurate or complete.  See the
       end of this man page for details.

Description
       The minfo command prints the parameters of a Dos filesystem, such as number of sectors, heads and cylinders.  It  also  prints  an  mformat
       command	line  which can be used to create a similar Dos filesystem on another media.  However, this doesn't work with 2m or Xdf media, and
       with Dos 1.0 filesystems minfo drive:

Mlabel supports the following option:

v      Prints a hexdump of the bootsector, in addition to the other information

See Also
       Mtools' texinfo doc

Viewing the texi doc
       This manpage has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation. However, this process is only  approximative,  and  some
       items, such as crossreferences, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate repre-
       sentation in the manpage format.  Moreover, not all information has been translated into the manpage version.  Thus I strongly  advise  you
       to use the original texinfo doc.  See the end of this manpage for instructions how to view the texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips mtools.dvi

*      To generate a html copy,	run:

./configure; make html

A premade html can be found at: `http://mtools.linux.lu' and also at: `http://www.tux.org/pub/knaff/mtools'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The  texinfo  doc looks most pretty when printed or as html.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due to the
       quoting conventions used in info.

mtools-3.9.8							      02Jun01								  minfo(1)