Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I make a cgi script World-executable Post 2957 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 12th of June 2001 05:08:17 PM
Old 06-12-2001
now that you can log onto your providers servers you can look at there man pages.

type the following

Code:
man chmod

its very self explanitory

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to make a script executable by all users?

I have a script in my home direcroty which upon execution gives the essential system information like memory,cpu etc and is currently owned by root:root. Now I want to see that every non root user will run this file and grab the reqired system info. I know this is some thing associated with chown... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto make an URL world readable

Currently this url: http://bioinfo-z.comp.nus.edu.sg/Test/ Is only accessible through my local network (for external user need VPN). My question is how can I make that URL accessible for everybody even those outside my network? That url is served under Solaris 10 and I do have SU... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking CGI executable after setenv (in bash)

Hello, I have an executable cgi program that I can run manually from my Linux shell after setting environmental variables on the previous line, like this: setenv QUERY_STRING "workdir=/u/here/there/&nb1=5&nb2=1000" MyExecutable.cgiHow can I imitate this behavior in a bash script? I tried... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aplaydoc
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run and make an executable file

as i said before i'm a beginner in shell programming and i have two questions: how to run an executable file in shell scripts like for example let's say the file called "prog.exe", what's the shell command to run this file? also how can i make the shell file an executable file (if it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: _-_shadow_-_
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script (Bash, KornShell, etc.) executable by mouse clicking?

Hello everybody, Is there any way to make a script (Bash, KornShell, etc.) executable by mouse clicking? For example you have a file myscript.sh, you run: $ chmod u+x myscript.sh Therefore it becomes executable and all you need is to run from the terminal: $./myscript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to make script executable

Hello everybody, I'm unable to make my shell script an executable file. The details are as follows: PATH includes my $HOME/bin i.e. /rchome/rc1/bin HOME directory is /rchome/rc1 script name is prep_mig.sh permissions set are 755 It's executing if I give below command sh prep_mig.sh but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.keshwani
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on tweaking the PATH variable to allow the world to run my executable script

All, I am pretty new to Unix and still in the learning curve :) I have a simple requirement for which I did not get an answer yet (Atleast I do not know how to keyword the search for my requirement!!!). I have an executable script my.script1 in a folder /data/misc/scripts/dev, which when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script make itself executable

Is there a way to make this make itself executable? Thanks. :-) cat > somescript.sh << \EOF #!/bin/bash block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Block count:/ {print $NF}') reserved_block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Reserved block count:/ {print $NF}') perl -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
Extratags(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Extratags(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Extratags - Useful Extensions for the CGI Module SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Extratags; $cgi = new CGI::Extratags; print $cgi -> email ('racke@linuxia.de'); print $cgi -> jump ('CONTACT', 'contact us'); print $cgi -> mark ('CONTACT', $cgi -> h2 ('How to contact us')); print $cgi -> row ('Date', 18, 1, 1966); print $cgi -> recall ('Debian CD', artnum => '0-123456'); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Extratags adds several useful methods to the CGI class. email ADDRESS print $cgi -> email ('racke@linuxia.de'); Produces HTML code for a link to an email ADDRESS. jump MARK TEXT print $cgi -> jump ('CONTACT', 'contact us'); Produces HTML code for a link pointing to a target within the current document. mark NAME TEXT print $cgi -> mark ('CONTACT', $cgi -> h2 ('How to contact us')); Generates target NAME for hyperlinks. row [ITEM ...] print $cgi -> row ('Date', 18, 1, 1966); Produces HTML code for a table row with ITEM arguments as cell contents. recall TEXT [NAME [VALUE]] ... foreach my $num (sort (keys %artmap)) { print $cgi -> recall ($artmap{$num}, artnum => $num); print $cgi -> br; } Produces a link to the script itself labeled with TEXT. The NAME/VALUE pairs will be passed as parameters. AUTHOR
Stefan Hornburg, racke@linuxia.de SEE ALSO
perl(1), URI::Escape(3), CGI(3). perl v5.8.4 2004-07-11 Extratags(3pm)