Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is the startup file for unix ? Post 29568 by chimp on Tuesday 8th of October 2002 07:16:55 PM
Old 10-08-2002
Data Re: what is the startup file for unix ?

I am using irix 6.5

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup File

I am running Mandrake 8.1 and am wondering what file Linux uses to start services. Such as MySQLD and Apache. I need to add a program to this startup file so that it loads when linux loads. Thanks Gregg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

the Startup script file????

hi guys, just went thru a "how to" manual on Solaris CDE.... could any of you pleaz tell me how to restrict users from logging in at particular times.... in linux,i wrote an access script, put in in /etc/profile and was able t o restrict users from logging in at particular times on particular... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swordfish
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File descriptors missing on startup

Dec 20 15:34:32 hostname sendmail: File descriptors missing on startup: stderr; Bad file number Dec 20 15:34:32 hostname sendmail: File descriptors missing on startup: stderr; Bad file number Dec 20 15:34:32 hostname sendmail: File descriptors missing on startup: stderr; Bad file number Dec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

startup scripts, how do they work in UNIX?

I need to make a script to start the postfix service on a server when the machine starts up. I have a script written below, which I think will work, but I am confused on how the rc2.d & rc3.d etc directories actually work. If I enter the script below, and stick it in the rc3.d directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

startup script in UNIX

Hi, I need to load an exe in startup of unix server. Can any one tell me how can i configure that particular exe to start after boot-up. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: param_it
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Files in Unix

Hi All, Can some one pls explain the order in which the startup files are run? For Bourne shell .profile is run., But what other startup files are present? When is the .aliases file called. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsrikanth99
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem in UNIX redhat v2.4.7-10 when startup

THE PROBLEM IS: Intializing USB controller (usb-uhci);Hint;insmod errors can be caused by in correct module parameters, including invailid IO or IRQ parsmeter lib /modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/drivers /usb-uhci.o:insmod/lib/modules/2.4.7/10/kernel/driverd/usb/usb-uhci.o failed Checking... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Weso
6 Replies
libao.conf(5)							libao configuration						     libao.conf(5)

NAME
libao.conf - configuration for libao. SYNOPSIS
/etc/libao.conf ~/.libao DESCRIPTION
libao.conf and .libao are configuration files for libao, the audio output library. They specify various options to libao, as described below. libao.conf sets system-wide options, whereas ~/.libao sets user-specific options. When an option is set in both places, the option in ~/.libao takes precedence. FILE FORMAT
The file consists of comments and key-value pairs. Comments are on separate lines that start with a # symbol. The key-value pairs are of the form: key=value where key contains no whitespace and no equal signs. value will be all of the text after the equal sign until (but not including) the end- ing newline. Beware of extra spaces at the end of the line! They will probably be interpreted as part of the option value. Valid option keys are: default_driver The short name of the driver libao should use by default. Valid values include (not all are available on every platform): oss, esd, arts, alsa, alsa05, nas, irix, and sun. Note that "sun" is used on many BSD systems as well as Solaris. The "alsa" driver is for the 0.9.x ALSA API, whereas the "alsa05" driver is for the 0.5.x API. EXAMPLE
Here is an example libao.conf that forces the OSS driver to be used by default: # This is a comment. default_driver=oss BUGS
libao.conf is missing a number of potentially useful options. AUTHORS
Stan Seibert <volsung@xiph.org> September 1, 2003 libao.conf(5)