Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is the startup file for unix ? Post 29505 by LivinFree on Tuesday 8th of October 2002 05:10:00 AM
Old 10-08-2002
What Unix are you using?
(Type "uname -a" to find out...)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup File

I am running Mandrake 8.1 and am wondering what file Linux uses to start services. Such as MySQLD and Apache. I need to add a program to this startup file so that it loads when linux loads. Thanks Gregg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

the Startup script file????

hi guys, just went thru a "how to" manual on Solaris CDE.... could any of you pleaz tell me how to restrict users from logging in at particular times.... in linux,i wrote an access script, put in in /etc/profile and was able t o restrict users from logging in at particular times on particular... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swordfish
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File descriptors missing on startup

Dec 20 15:34:32 hostname sendmail: File descriptors missing on startup: stderr; Bad file number Dec 20 15:34:32 hostname sendmail: File descriptors missing on startup: stderr; Bad file number Dec 20 15:34:32 hostname sendmail: File descriptors missing on startup: stderr; Bad file number Dec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

startup scripts, how do they work in UNIX?

I need to make a script to start the postfix service on a server when the machine starts up. I have a script written below, which I think will work, but I am confused on how the rc2.d & rc3.d etc directories actually work. If I enter the script below, and stick it in the rc3.d directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

startup script in UNIX

Hi, I need to load an exe in startup of unix server. Can any one tell me how can i configure that particular exe to start after boot-up. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: param_it
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Files in Unix

Hi All, Can some one pls explain the order in which the startup files are run? For Bourne shell .profile is run., But what other startup files are present? When is the .aliases file called. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsrikanth99
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem in UNIX redhat v2.4.7-10 when startup

THE PROBLEM IS: Intializing USB controller (usb-uhci);Hint;insmod errors can be caused by in correct module parameters, including invailid IO or IRQ parsmeter lib /modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/drivers /usb-uhci.o:insmod/lib/modules/2.4.7/10/kernel/driverd/usb/usb-uhci.o failed Checking... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Weso
6 Replies
optisa(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         optisa(1)

NAME
optisa - determine which variant instruction set is optimal to use SYNOPSIS
optisa instruction_set... DESCRIPTION
optisa prints which instruction_set out of the ones specified in the command will perform best on this machine. In this case, ``best'' is defined by the order in which instruction set names are returned by isalist(1). Possible values for instruction_set are given in isalist(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 One of the instruction_set values you specified is printed by this command. 1 There is no output; that is, this machine cannot use any instruction_set that you specified with the optisa command. SEE ALSO
isalist(1), uname(1), attributes(5), isalist(5) NOTES
optisa is preferable to uname -p or uname -m (see uname(1)) in determining which of several binary versions of a given program should be used on the given machine. SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 1997 optisa(1)