Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running Unix with 9X
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running Unix with 9X Post 2932 by nzenzen on Monday 11th of June 2001 02:22:35 PM
Old 06-11-2001
MySQL thanks

Thanks for the info. I just was checking out that site and it is VERY informative. If there is anything else that you could think of that might be helpful please drop a line. I really want to get out of the grasp of Micr$oft. I would also like to learn enough to possible switch my IT job to something above and beyond MS stuff. Also if there are programs out there that I can download for example, word processing, spreadsheet, browsers, network monitoring apps etc. that you know of please let me know. Thanks again.

Last edited by nzenzen; 06-11-2001 at 03:39 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Anti-Unix site running Unix

I just wanted to share this piece of news to all of you, comments are unnecessary :) http://news.com.com/2100-1001-872266.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

2. Programming

running a c/c++ program in unix

This is not a question, but rather a simple how-to for programmers who are new to the UNIX environment. I too,am new to UNIX. First I developed a few programs on my box and perfected them until they were satisfactory for execution. Problem was however, that once i compiled and all that,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kray
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX on my PC....?

Firstly, this is my first post so a big hello to everyone. I work in computer operations and have a very basic knowledge of UNIX that i'd like to expand greatly. I was wondering if it would be possible to run unix on a home PC so I can train myself in my own time. Ideally i would like to use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timresh
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running apache on unix

Hi, I am running an application on apache/tomcat under unix. It was working fine until I stopped both tomcat and apache and restarted both. Now I am getting 404 not found error. Is there something here that I am missing. Any help will be appreciatd. Thx Karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkarthik
1 Replies

5. Programming

running Pro*C in unix

hai everyone : -> I want to execute Pro*c language in the unix environment..... -> could some one help me solving this issue,in a step-by-step manner.. -> I heard that some external paths sholud be set to execute them.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix is running slow??

All, This is my interview questions. Let me explain the question. Some one is asking me that, the unix server is running very slow. As a unix unix admin, what are the steps we should follow?? What/which process we should check?? What is the way to find the root cause ? Please let me know.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

8. Programming

Running UNIX Commands from C

Hi, -How can I get number of files, cpu usage (percentage), memory usage, disk usage, ...etc, using C program ... I can use unix command ( system(command) )but I want the value to be returned back to my C program to use it in my code? How can I do that? Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainab
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running C program in UNIX

I want to run a C program from my BASH script. Here's some very basic simplified code of my bash script: #!/bin/bash echo "Run C program" ./main.c echo "Ran C program" Here's my main.c: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
3 Replies
synos(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							  synos(1)

NAME
synos - guess operating system from TCP SYN fingerprint SYNOPSIS
synos [--mtu mtu] [--db path] syn-fingerprint DESCRIPTION
synos takes a SYN fingerprint, in the format described for the CLIENT_SYNFP environment variable in the avenger(1) man page, and outputs a guess as to the type of the client operating system. synos makes use of the OpenBSD SYN fingerprint database (which is also repackaged with Mail Avenger). OPTIONS --mtu val Certain operating systems set the initial TCP window size based on the maximum transmission unit, or MTU, of the network. For such operating systems, synos usually checks the window size using both the client's MSS option plus 40 bytes (for TCP and IP headers), or a hard-coded MTU, which defaults to 1,500 bytes. If either value works, the fingerprint is considered to match the operating system. You can change the value 1,500 by specifying this option. A value of 0 tells synos to use only the value derived from the MSS option. --db file Specifies an alternate location for the SYN fingerprint database. FILES
/usr/local/share/pf.os Default location of SYN fingerprint database. SEE ALSO
avenger(1), asmtpd(8) The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. The OpenBSD home page: <http://www.openbsd.org/>. BUGS
The operating system type is determined by heuristics that are not always reliable. Moreover, not all operating systems can be distinguished. The database may not even contain a client's particular operating system and version. It is not hard to fool synos deliberately by changing TCP socket options or injecting raw packets onto the network. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 synos(1)