Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running Unix with 9X
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running Unix with 9X Post 2925 by alwayslearningunix on Monday 11th of June 2001 04:41:29 AM
Old 06-11-2001
Follow the links from this page, it should answer most of your questions:

http://www.control-escape.com/lx-before.html

Enjoy yourself Smilie

Regards.
alwayslearningunix

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Anti-Unix site running Unix

I just wanted to share this piece of news to all of you, comments are unnecessary :) http://news.com.com/2100-1001-872266.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

2. Programming

running a c/c++ program in unix

This is not a question, but rather a simple how-to for programmers who are new to the UNIX environment. I too,am new to UNIX. First I developed a few programs on my box and perfected them until they were satisfactory for execution. Problem was however, that once i compiled and all that,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kray
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX on my PC....?

Firstly, this is my first post so a big hello to everyone. I work in computer operations and have a very basic knowledge of UNIX that i'd like to expand greatly. I was wondering if it would be possible to run unix on a home PC so I can train myself in my own time. Ideally i would like to use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timresh
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running apache on unix

Hi, I am running an application on apache/tomcat under unix. It was working fine until I stopped both tomcat and apache and restarted both. Now I am getting 404 not found error. Is there something here that I am missing. Any help will be appreciatd. Thx Karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkarthik
1 Replies

5. Programming

running Pro*C in unix

hai everyone : -> I want to execute Pro*c language in the unix environment..... -> could some one help me solving this issue,in a step-by-step manner.. -> I heard that some external paths sholud be set to execute them.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix is running slow??

All, This is my interview questions. Let me explain the question. Some one is asking me that, the unix server is running very slow. As a unix unix admin, what are the steps we should follow?? What/which process we should check?? What is the way to find the root cause ? Please let me know.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

8. Programming

Running UNIX Commands from C

Hi, -How can I get number of files, cpu usage (percentage), memory usage, disk usage, ...etc, using C program ... I can use unix command ( system(command) )but I want the value to be returned back to my C program to use it in my code? How can I do that? Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainab
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running C program in UNIX

I want to run a C program from my BASH script. Here's some very basic simplified code of my bash script: #!/bin/bash echo "Run C program" ./main.c echo "Ran C program" Here's my main.c: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
3 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)