Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how do u uninstall apache
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how do u uninstall apache Post 29205 by JoeTheGuy on Tuesday 1st of October 2002 06:22:27 PM
Old 10-01-2002
I use RedHat too.

Ok, since you cannot rpm --erase apache.rpm
you have to use a basic shell operation.
basically one way to get rid of most of it is with these
commands (as root because you need permission to delete the files)

user@host(/)# for file in `slocate apache`; do rm -rf $file ; done
user@host(/)# for file in `slocate httpd`; do rm -rf $file ; done
user@host(/)# rm -rf /var/log/httpd

that should clean it out decently.

at least 99.9% of the stuff will be gone that way. Smilie

hope that helps Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall command

I am trying to uninstall some software from a system running Compaq Tru64 UNIX v4.0e (was Digital UNIX). I can't find the correct "uninstall" command. I've tried uninstall, pkgrm, removepkg unsuccessfully. Does anyone know the command? Specifically, I had a problem with the installation of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bscottiii
3 Replies

2. Linux

uninstall xinetd

hey, haha it's me agian, i think that my xinetd is messed up, i am unable to stop it. I can start it though...lol. I just wonderd how can i uninstall it so i can reinstall it...maybe this time it'll work. I'm running RH 7.1 i think. thanks:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
5 Replies

3. BSD

uninstall BootManager

Hi, I have installed FreeBSD in coexistance with windoze...now i want to uninstall it!how can i do that? Is it possible to just format the partition it was on ( problem with this i thing is that BootManager resides on the disk...how to fix this problem?!!!) thank you for help mohamed (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Uninstall Apache 1.3.37

I have installed apache on solaris 8. May I know how do i uninstall it? :confused: thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

6. AIX

uninstall NIM

Hello I have a NIM installation on a production server database. I know that this is not the best. for that I want to uninstall the nim and put on another machine. Im not install this NIM on the production server. My question is only uninstall with smitty and delete the filesystems and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to install and uninstall apache on Red Hat Linux 5

Hi All, I installed Linus on virtual PC on my system. I want to configure apache on it. Also i want to install nagios and want to access through web broser from my system. How can I do this. Kindly provide soln its required urgently......... plsssssssssssssssss (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Uninstall Apache web server

Hello, I have a Solaris 10 and it looks like it was installed with apache. I see some files in: Since I'd like to use CSWapache2 from OpenCSW I'd like to remove the one from SUN but I don't know which package name it has. Do you know how can I remove it ? Thanks R.F ---------- Post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertFord
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to detect and uninstall apache ant ?

Hello, At my linux server I think there are 2 duplicate Apache Ant Installation 1) opt/ant 2) usr/local/ant And whenever I tires to build ant using command 1)cd opt/ant 2) ant or 1)cd usr/local/ant 2) ant it shows error message "ant build failed" Does it show above error due... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Uninstall OpenSSL

We have a legacy HP-UX 11.11 server that has a number of security vulnerabilities associated with OpenSSL. We have a project in the works to replace this server but until then I need to deal with the vulnerabilities. No applications on the server utilize SSL, so my plan was to simply remove it. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
8 Replies
PMDAAPACHE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     PMDAAPACHE(1)

NAME
pmdaapache - Apache2 web server performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/pmdaapache [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] [-S server] [-P port] [-L location] DESCRIPTION
pmdaapache is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics describing the state of an Apache web server. The apache PMDA exports metrics that measure the request rate, cumulative request sizes, uptime and various connection states for active clients. This information is obtained by performing a HTTP request to the server status URL, which must be enabled in the httpd.conf configuration file. ExtendedStatus on <Location /server-status> SetHandler server-status Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from localhost </Location> A brief description of the pmdaapache command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named apache.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdaapache is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd . If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -S Query the Apache status information from the named server rather than the local host. -P Query the Apache status information from the given port rather than the default (80). -L Specify an alternative location for finding the server-status page. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the apache performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache # ./Remove pmdaapache is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdaapache $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/help default help text file for the apache metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/Install installation script for the pmdaapache agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/Remove undo installation script for the pmdaapache agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/apache.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdaapache PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), httpd(8), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDAAPACHE(1)