Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I got a corrupt /etc/inittab file....what next? Post 29200 by MrOrange on Tuesday 1st of October 2002 03:09:58 PM
Old 10-01-2002
Those netra x1/t1 sucks big time...we fried 2-3 boards on them.
they're cheap but...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inittab solaris

Hi! Is it possible to add more ttys in Solaris, like with inittab in Linux? I want to switch between the ttys with Alt F1+F2+F3 .... like Linux does. How can i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donald1111
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Corrupt Member File

I have been fine adding/removing printers up until this week. Now when I go to add a new remote printer I get "corrupted member file". I go to /etc/lp/member and the byte count on the new printer name is 0. I VI the file and put /dev/null in to make it the correct size and it all looks fine and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astout
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find a corrupt tar file

Hey there I am just looking for a way to find a corrupt tar file. I want to write a script to help sift through the 1000's of tar files we go through daily and move any corrupt ones to a different directory structure. Is there an easy way to do this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: car2nst2006
4 Replies

4. AIX

GPFS file system corrupt issue

Hi Administrators, I have one issue related to GPFS filesystem. We have bad entries in this file system, which reflects error like ls: 0653-341 The file <filename> does not exist. when we give "ls -ltr" on this directory. So we taken the FS filesystem offline and followed the below steps. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgarg
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipped tar file is corrupt

Hello, I am currently dumping 30-40 reports on a Unix folder located here /home/apps/reports/prode/excel I use K-shell to do this task. In that, I use the gzip command to compress these files. I want to be able to use a tar command to first load the entire directory into one file then gzip that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Recovering from corrupt /etc/system file

Hi I would like to know one thing while recovering from corrupt /etc/system file. For that we have to do at ok> boot -a when system ask for system file we give /dev/null. Could any one tell me what /dev/null value will do in this case. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux on vmware won't boot due to corrupt library file!

We have an issue here: The libc.so.6 file (link) is corrupted and it causes the system unbootable. It even doesn't boot to single user mode. How can we boot the system to fix the library file? Or is there any other solutions for this issue? Here are some boot messages:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What breaks inittab

Today there was a situation where processes running from inittab was broken. Can someone help me understand, how to find out, who might have stopped those processes? Or how does it get broken? G (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

9. Solaris

UNIX : how can I recover a corrupt tar file from a tape?

I've a tape contains a corrupt tar file. I'm using Unix SunOS 5.5.1. So when I run this command : dd if=/dev/rmt/0 of=/tmp/outputfile.tar I get this error message : warning /pci@1f, 0/pci@1/pci@1/sunw, isptwo@4/st@4,0 (sty): Error for command : read Error Level: Fatal Requested... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akaderb
2 Replies
HOOLA(6)							     board_gen								  HOOLA(6)

NAME
make-gnome-freecell-board, make-aisleriot-freecell-board, make-microsoft-freecell-board, make-pysol-freecell-board - Programs to generate boards to be used as input to Freecell Solver. SYNOPSIS
program [-t] board-number or for make-pysol-freecell-board: program [-t] [-F] board-number [game-string] or for make-aisleriot-freecell-board: program [-t] board-number [game-string] DESCRIPTION
These programs are command-line programs that can generate the initial board of the Freecell games of several popular Solitaire implementations. Those boards can be in turn be inputted to fc-solve by means of a pipeline, or placed inside a file for safe-keeping. make-pysol-freecell-board and make-aisleriot-freecell-board also accept an optional third argument which indicates the game type. This type defaults to Freecell, but is useful for generating the boards of other games. Note that using this flag does not preclude one from using the "--game" flag of fc-solve. make_pysol_freecell_board.py accepts another parameter called -F or --pysolfc that deals the PySolFC boards instead of the classic PySol ones. A common paradigm for using those programs is something like: bash:~$ make-microsoft-freecell-board 11982 | fc-solve -l gi If the "-t" option is specified, then the 10 cards are printed with "T"'s, instead of "10"'s. While this does not have any effect on fc- solve it may prove useful for other solvers or solitaire implementations which do not accept "10"'s. Here is a short description of each program: make-gnome-freecell-board Generate the boards of the standalone Freecell program that comes with the GNOME desktop. make-aisleriot-freecell-board Generate the Freecell boards of GNOME's AisleRiot. make-pysol-freecell-board A Python script that generates the boards of the various games of PySol. make-microsoft-freecell-board A program that generates the boards of Microsoft Freecell and of the Freecell Pro implementation of Freecell. OPTIONS
board-number is the board number as a decimal number. game-string is a string describing the game. Valid strings and their respective games are: bakers_game - Baker's Game (*) bakers_dozen - Baker's Dozen (Broken) (*) beleaguered_castle - Beleaguered Castle (*) citadel - Citadel cruel - Cruel der_katz - Der Katzenschwantz die_schlange - Die Schlange eight_off - Eight Off (*) fan - Fan forecell - Forecell freecell - Freecell (the default) good_measure - Good Measure ko_bakers_game - Kings' Only Baker's Game relaxed_freecell - Relaxed Freecell relaxed_seahaven - Relaxed Seahaven Towers seahaven - Seahaven Towers (*) simple_simon - Simple Simon (*) streets_and_alleys - Streets and Alleys make-aisleriot-freecell-board supports only the games marked with an asterisk (*). SEE ALSO
fc-solve (6) /usr/share/doc/freecell-solver-bin/README.board_gen AUTHOR
Shlomi Fish, <http://www.shlomifish.org/> . board_gen 3.12.0 2012-06-22 HOOLA(6)