Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Security vs. DB
Special Forums Cybersecurity Security vs. DB Post 29056 by omran on Saturday 28th of September 2002 11:35:43 AM
Old 09-28-2002
Security vs. DB

Hi all,
In order to allow only a set of users to telnet into the system I have placed the following code in /etc/profile

istelnetuser=`who am i | awk '{print $1}'`
flag=`grep $istelnetuser /etc/telnet_users`
if [ $istelnetuser != admin ]
then
if [ -z "$flag" ]
then
echo "You are not allowed to login"
exit
fi
fi
where telnet_users is a file that contains all the users that can telnet the system. However, for security reasons root, oracle are not included in this file (i.e., they can not login directly). The problem is that when we reboot the system we want Oracle DB to start up. However, it fails due to not including oracle user in telnet users.
Any help that can achieve both the security and oracle startup goals.

Thanks
Regards

users-admin(1)						      General Commands Manual						    users-admin(1)

NAME
users-admin - Users Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
users-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
users-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. users-admin allows you add, delete and modify the existing users and groups in your system. OPTIONS
users-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
users-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), shares-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 users-admin(1)