Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL vs Crontab
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SQL vs Crontab Post 28902 by jarmo.leppanen on Thursday 26th of September 2002 06:28:48 AM
Old 09-26-2002
Hi
Have you tried su in crontab:

su user -c "/oracle/ora8/bin/sqlplus us/pass @/home/script1.sq"

j

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running sql in crontab

Hi, i have a scripts that update an SQL DATABASE using sqlplus command. when i run it in a interactive mode its ok but when try to run it using the crontab i get an a messege : "Must be attached to terminal for 'am I' option" (there is no "who am i" command in the script) and the DB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab and shell script that executes a sql.

Problem: I have a crontab and when it kicks off, xxx.sh shell script is called. Which has a nohup sqlplus session call. Problem is sql does not get executed and a text file is not getting created. Only a empty log file is getting created. Are there any constraints for crontab to open a sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access SQL with crontab

Hi, I wrote a script shell whose function is to make a remove of directories depending on the result of a query on Oracle database. When I execute my script shell directly from unix, it works fine. But, when I put it in a line of a crontab, it doesn't work no more, because of the sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tbeghain
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab + Script + .sql

Hi guys today i'll bring to you a new problem that i need to execute. So what i need to do it's create a script that: conect to some database logon run a .sql script logoff and close the connection after that, put this script on the crontab To set up the crontab it's ok for me, i think... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
bcrontab(1)						      General Commands Manual						       bcrontab(1)

NAME
bcrontab - Manage users crontab files SYNOPSIS
bcrontab [ -u user ] file bcrontab [ -u user ] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
bcrontab interfaces with the bcron-spool daemon to manage crontab files in the privileged spool directory. OPTIONS
-u user Tell bcron-spool that we are acting on behalf of the named user. bcron-spool will only accept the username if bcrontab is running as either root or the same user ID as the named user. -l List the cronab crontab to standard output. -r Remove the user's crontab. -e Edit the current crontab. ENVIRONMENT
VISUAL If this is set, it is used as the editor to invoke to edit a crontab. EDITOR If $VISUAL is not set and this is, it is used as the editor to invoke to edit a crontab. If neither are set, /bin/vi is used. BCRON_SOCKET The path to the named socket used to communicate with bcron-spool. Defaults to /var/run/bcron-spool. LOGNAME USER These two variables are used, in order, to determine the user name invoking the program. One must be set if the -u option is not used. FILES
bcrontab tries to writes a temporary file into the current directory, and then into /tmp if that fails, in order to edit the current crontab. SEE ALSO
bcron-spool(8), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Bruce Guenter <bruceg@em.ca> bcrontab(1)