Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automounter
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers automounter Post 287 by me2unix on Monday 20th of November 2000 07:40:42 AM
Old 11-20-2000
Hammer & Screwdriver automountd

Hey Almendrita!

The right answer is :

A & D

This is because the define configuration in the question,
sets the automounter to be invoked whenever something within /home/scps is referenced.

the other options don't try to access /home/scps and therefore won't trigger the automounter.

Tip :By default the automounter mounts the dir for 10 minutes unless run with -t num_seconds.

Hezki

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automounter

Hi ALL, Does anyone know how automounting can be disabled in solaris? (I need to mount the home directory on to a sun machine from another machine. So I run something like mount another_machine:/home /home (on my sun) however i get an error saying device busy) I was told automouting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkap
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIS and automounter...

Have an AIX 5.2 box. I had automounter already setup to control /home using /etc/auto_home as an indirect automount map. Then we added NIS. We have it working, but for some reason, the NIS table auto.home seems to override /etc/auto_home entries. Of course, there are some duplicates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garry_Garrett
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Automounter floods ioctl and futex error messages

Hi! I have a wondering regarding the syscalls automounter floods out when running strace on the process, are the below ioctl & futex messages bad? and is there any way to investigate em deeper? ioctl(3, 0xffffffffc018937c, 0x417a8020) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable) ioctl(3,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Naming services + Automounter

Hi gurus, I am trying to understand the enviroment which we are using. The fact that I am asking is that this is production enviroment and I cannot change anything to experiment. Following servers are somehow related to each other, please help me figure out if my conclusions are correct. -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to mount NFS using automounter(autofs)?

I have an nfs at 192.168.1.10:/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs and will like to mount locally to /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs-mount using automounter...need help doing do What i did $cat /etc/auto.master /home/vm1/Desktop /etc/auto.nfs $cat /etc/auto.nfs nfs-bind -fstype=nfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies
AUTOFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AUTOFS(8)

NAME
/etc/init.d/autofs - Control Script for automounter SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/autofs start|stop|reload DESCRIPTION
autofs control the operation of the automount(8) daemons running on the Linux system. Usually autofs is invoked at system boot time with the start parameter and at shutdown time with the stop parameter. The autofs script can also manually be invoked by the system administra- tor to shut down, restart or reload the automounters. OPERATION
autofs will consult a configuration file /etc/auto.master (see auto.master(5)) to find mount points on the system. For each of those mount points a automount(8) process is started with the appropriate parameters. You can check the active mount points for the automounter with the /etc/init.d/autofs status command. After the auto.master configuration file is processed the autofs script will check for an NIS map with the same name. If such a map exists then that map will be processed in the same way as the auto.master map. The NIS map will be pro- cessed last. /etc/init.d/autofs reload will check the current auto.master map against running daemons. It will kill those daemons whose entries have changed and then start daemons for new or changed entries. If a map is modified then the change will become effective immediately. If the auto.master map is modified then the autofs script must be rerun to activate the changes. /etc/init.d/autofs status will display the current configuration and a list of currently running automount daemons. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), auto.master(5). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Edited by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@transmeta.com>. 9 Sep 1997 AUTOFS(8)