Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New www.unix.com search
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators New www.unix.com search Post 28632 by Neo on Saturday 21st of September 2002 11:49:53 AM
Old 09-21-2002
OK, seems to work after rebuilding the database index...... and the size is much bigger, as one would guess......

Let's stick with the 'two letter' search for a while and see how it does......

Thanks for the good suggestion.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

www.unix.com

Of late, when i start www.unix.com my system is going to 100% CPU and takes lot of time to get the information. I think this is happening after adding the graphics on the page. Has anyone seen this problem..Sorry to post this here.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
6 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Access to https://www.unix.com/source?

Folks, Hope this is not a newbie question, but it might end up being that. I wanted to retrieve the source code for unix_linux_bench as directed on https://www.unix.com/linux-benchmarks/11175-instructions-linux-benchmarks.html When one clicks on the links specified for download, the browser... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagdalule
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Problem connecting to www.unix.com

I've been having a problem connecting to the forum. I know it is just something with my computer but I have no idea what it is. It started last week. Every time I connect I get this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <rss version="2.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Www.UNIX.com is slow today ???

Hi, Just wanting to know if there is any issues today with the site. Initially I thought it is my internet connection or computer but regardless which one I use, the site has been slow and it is also not showing with the right fonts etc. I've been trying for the last 12+ hours and it's always been... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
21 Replies
ODIDX(1)						      Quick Database Manager							  ODIDX(1)

NAME
odidx - indexer of document files SYNOPSIS
odidx register [-l file] [-wmax num] [-tsuf sufs] [-hsuf sufs] name[dir] odidx relate name odidx purge name DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the odidx commands. The command odidx is a utility for indexing files on the local file system. This command is useful for a full-text search system of a Web site. Supported file format are plain text and HTML. Supported character encoding are US-ASCII and ISO-8859-1. The URI of each document is specified with the path of its file. Attributes named as title and date are given to each documents. When a document is already existing in the database, it is registered if its last modification time is newer, or it is ignored. Modification times are stored in the sub database `_mtime' in the main database directory. Score information are stored in the sub database `_score' in the main database directory. This command is used in the above format. name specifies a database name. dir specifies a directory name. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the file:///usr/share/doc/qdbm-doc/spex.html#odeumcli. -l file read a file and get list of paths of files to register. If `-' is specified, the standard input is read. -wmax num specify the max number of words to be stored in the document database. -tsuf sufs specify suffixes of plain text files in comma separated format. The default is `-tsuf .txt,.text'. -hsuf sufs specify suffixes of HTML files in comma separated format. The default is `-hsuf .html,.htm'. EXAMPLES
For example, to register files which are under `/home/mikio' and whose suffix are `.txt', `.c', or `.h', perform the following command. odidx register -tsuf ".txt,.c,.h" -hsuf "" casket /home/mikio Thus, to retrieve documents which include `unix' and `posix' and show the top 8 terms, perform the following command. odmgr search -max 8 -h casket "unix posix" SEE ALSO
qdbm(3), odmgr(1), odeum(3), odopen(3). AUTHOR
QDBM was written by Mikio Hirabayashi <mikio@fallabs.com>. This manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Man Page 2005-05-23 ODIDX(1)