Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: small question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting small question Post 28511 by oombera on Thursday 19th of September 2002 11:47:59 AM
Old 09-19-2002
From what you're saying Perderabo, I should have seen some difference, then, when I removed that last line and entered the commands I did versus when I left that last line in there.

But I didn't...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

small question of echo | grep command

Hi, i've got the following: a=`echo $b | grep '^.*/'` i'm storing in the variable the value of the variable b only if it has a / somewhere. It works, but i don't want to print the value. How do i give the value of b to the grep command without the echo? thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

small question regarding substr()

Hello.. I am doing some awk-ing and among all I use substr inside it.. I have: ....substr($0,60,37) meaning as U all know take from 37 char. from point 60.. can I put it like this substr($0,60,end of line) meaning take it from point 60 and take all characketrs in that line until line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A small minix question

First af all hi. i want to create a batch script which inform when users log in last time on system or if they are online when they logged in. I want ot use a file .users which has the usernames of users. i want to print for example peter is ONLINE: Logged in on Wed Feb 11 07:47 alex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasa
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Small question regarding SSH

I am looking for some model like this: My Computer ------------- Intermediate Server (IS) ------------- Own Server I must be able to ssh into the Intermediate Internet Server which is generally an online version of SSH service through which I will connect to Own Server. I was the IS to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

5. Programming

A small question about file descriptor

Can any body tell me when I put close(2), why the code does not show any out put? #include <stdio.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <errno.h> int main(){ int fd1,fd2,fd3,fd4; close(2); fd1=open("test1.txt",O_WRONLY |O_CREAT | O_TRUNC,0744); fprintf(stderr,"fd1 = %d\n",fd1); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
5 Replies

6. Programming

A small question about fork()

Hello experts, I am using fork() in my code but I am confused which output comes first child or parent? I did the following code .My book shows parent first but my linux shows child first.Can anyone tell me why? #include <stdio.h> int main(){ int pid; printf("I am original process with pid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi all, I have two files in my folder 1.index.jsp 2.maintenance.jsp Once hit the URL in IE,It will call the index.jsp file than application working fine. I want to some maintenance in my application, during the application maintenance than it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a small help

Hi, sorry for inconvenience..wrong query posted. Thanks for your help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small fast question

just to confirm du from sh show sizes as multiples of 512 byte right? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
4 Replies

10. Programming

Ok i have a small assembly question

I have this small program that runs with the flat assembler. My problem is that at the receive line function it receives the line and if there isn't a $ typed at the end of the user input the program displays a lot of strange stuff, sometimes beeps and then it seems to terminate without causing any... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
13 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD