Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please suggest a script or solution? Post 28465 by Perderabo on Wednesday 18th of September 2002 07:50:49 PM
Old 09-18-2002
If I understand what you're asking, try this. This script does what I think you want done. Ai least, I think it does...
Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh

##  r-r--s
##  r-r--t

longset="[acdefghiklmnpqrstvyz]"
pattern="r${longset}r${longset}${longset}[ts]"
typeset -u upshift

linen=0
IFS=""
while read input ; do
        orig=$input
        matches=0
        pos=1
        ((linen=linen+1))
        image=""
        while ((${#input})) ; do
                preamble="Line: ${linen} At position"
                if [[ $input = *(?)${pattern}*(?) ]] ; then
                        ((matches=matches+1))
                        leftover=${input#*${pattern}}
                        temp=${input%${leftover}}
                        lead=${temp%${pattern}}
                        this=${temp#${lead}}
                        upshift=${this}
                        input=$leftover
                        if ((${#lead})) ; then
                                echo $preamble $pos ${#lead} unmatched characters
                                image="${image}${lead}"
                                ((pos=pos+${#lead}))
                        fi
                        echo $preamble $pos MATCH: $this
                        image="${image}${upshift}"
                        ((pos=pos+${#this}))
                else
                        if ((matches)) ; then
                                echo $preamble $pos ${#input} trailing characters
                        fi
                        image="${image}${input}"
                        input=""
                fi
        done
        if ((matches)) ; then
                echo "$image"
                echo
                echo
        fi
done
exit 0

Put the lines to searched into a data file and run them against this script. Something like:
./thisscript < data.file

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the script corrected to get the solution

Can anyone help it out, My Requirement: Actually i grep for the items in the atrblist (Result of it will provide the line where the item present and also the next line of where it presents)then it will be stored in $i.txt From tat result i wil grep 2nd word after getdate() word and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script solution

Hi I need to do this thing in awk (or perl?). I try to find out how can I identify 1st and 2nd result from the OR expression in gensub: block='title Sata Mandriva kernel /boot/vmlinuz initrd /boot/initrd.img' echo "$block" | awk '{ x=gensub(/(kernel|initrd) /,"\\1XXX","g"); print x }' ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: webhope
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solution required for awk script

Hi Jim, The following script is in working state. But i m having one more problem with awk cmd. Could you tell me how to use any variable inside awk or how to take any variable value outside awk. My problem is i want to maintain one property file in which i am declaring variable value into that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest the Sites for perl script beginners for better understanding

I am begginer to perl scripting, i like to learn all the functionality of the perl scrpting , Could you please help me on this :confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script solution as singleline ?

Hello My script has following line and output find path -type d | awk -F "/" 'NF == 4{print $3}' path/custype=Type1/logdate=20160414 path/custype=Type11122/logdate=20160414 But I need following output that I need custtype information between "" like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuluhan
4 Replies
rt-email-group-admin(8) 				     Request Tracker Reference					   rt-email-group-admin(8)

NAME
rt-email-group-admin - Command line tool for administrating NotifyGroup actions SYNOPSIS
rt-email-group-admin --list rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team' --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team as comment' --comment --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify group Foo and Bar' --group Foo --group Bar rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify user foo@bar.com' --user foo@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify VIPs' --user vip1@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --add 'Notify VIPs' --user vip2@bar.com --group vip1 --user vip3@foo.com rt-email-group-admin --rename 'Notify VIPs' --newname 'Inform VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --switch 'Notify VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --delete 'Notify user foo@bar.com' DESCRIPTION
This script list, create, modify or delete scrip actions in the RT DB. Once you've created an action you can use it in a scrip. For example you can create the following action using this script: rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify developers' --group 'Development Team' Then you can add the followoing scrip to your Bugs queue: Condition: On Create Action: Notify developers Template: Transaction Stage: TransactionCreate Your development team will be notified on every new ticket in the queue. USAGE
rt-email-group-admin --COMMAND ARGS COMMANDS
list Lists actions and its descriptions. create NAME [--comment] [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Creates new action with NAME and adds users and/or groups to its recipient list. Would be notify as comment if --comment specified. add NAME [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Adds groups and/or users to recipients of the action NAME. delete NAME Deletes action NAME if scrips doesn't use it. switch NAME Switch action NAME from notify as correspondence to comment and back. rename NAME --newname NEWNAME Renames action NAME to NEWNAME. NOTES If command has option --group or --user then you can use it more then once, if other is not specified. AUTHOR
Ruslan U. Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> SEE ALSO
RT::Action::NotifyGroup, RT::Action::NotifyGroupAsComment perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-group-admin(8)