Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help on sam
Operating Systems HP-UX help on sam Post 28370 by RTM on Tuesday 17th of September 2002 05:06:45 PM
Old 09-17-2002
Suggest reading the man page

$ man sam

Quite a bit of info in there with references to other guides to look at.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAM file

I am having a problem on an HP box, where I am being told that there are too many open files. I am also being told I need to change a SAM file. Could some help me understand what a SAM files is and what it is used for. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristian
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

warning message in SAM

On running ‘Disk Devices’ tools under ‘Disks and File Systems’ option of System Administration Manager (SAM) in our UNIX Server (HP 9000 running HPUX B.11.11 U) a warning message appeared. The message that appeared reads as follows “The Logical Volume Manager shows this device file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX Restricted SAM

I am having trouble getting restricted SAM to work by allocating Privileges to a "group". I can make it work by allocaing to the userid's, but would preferre to use the "group" option. Running B.11.11 Tried the following.... 1) Created a user group in /etc/group first 2) Used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrek
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

SAM running slow

Any ideas on why SAM would take so long to load and initialize? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to reactivate user with command(no SAM)

How to reactivate any users (root or non root) by command(no SAM) HP-UX 11.11 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

cannot mount cdrom with SAM

Hi there, I am building an HP UX 11 server (first time) and I'm trying to mount the CDROM with SAM. What am I supposed to enter in the "mount directory" box? Also, I can't ftp to the server due to a logon failure. I used root id and password. I deleted the file in the /etc/ftpd directory but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbglo
8 Replies

7. HP-UX

how to view restricted sam access

Hello everybody, i need to check which users have resticted sam access..can anybody please let me know how to check this..? Thanks in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

HPUX 11.23 - Sam and Smh.

I've just been on an HP Training Course for HPUXv11.31 and found out about the gui / web for SMH. I never did a course on HP11v23. On our two servers here in the UK that run 11.23 I'm pretty sure that when I typed in "sam" on the command line it went to a sort of smh. (There was a message saying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markp1965
2 Replies
INFO2MAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       INFO2MAN(1)

NAME
info2man - generate man pages from info documents SYNOPSIS
info2man info-file DESCRIPTION
info2man converts a GNU info file to a man page. It first generates a POD (Plain Old Documentation) file using info2pod(1), then converts this to a man page using pod2man(1). info-file should be the full path to the info file (probably in /usr/share/info or similar). OPTIONS
None. NOTES
The style of info documentation and man pages differs considerably. Info documentation is generally written as a book, making full use of chapters, hyperlinks, footnotes, and the like. By contrast, man pages are often intended as something closer to a reference card. That said, many people prefer the interface used to view man pages (a normal pager) to the available info browsers. This program will con- vert the form, but not the content; don't expect it to possess the artificial intelligence necessary to turn a lengthy interconnected info file into a man page that is a model of conciseness! AUTHOR
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> wrote info2man. Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
info2pod(1), pod2man(1). INFO2MAN(1)