Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users percentage sign in a drive mapping ? Post 28353 by LivinFree on Tuesday 17th of September 2002 12:30:57 PM
Old 09-17-2002
Being that he's using backslashes, I'm going to have to guess that he's talking about a windows system...

Simon, is this related to Unix in any way? I don't understand your situation... It may be dependent on the SMB/CIFS vendor you're using.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

mapping FTP site as local drive

I have a small problem, there is one Win98 PC on our network, and I would like to map the FTP server that we have as one of the Win98's machine's local drives. I am by no means a Windows expert, instead my area is *NIX. The webserver is just a regualar webserver, within the LAN. I tried... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerberusofhate
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

3. Solaris

OpenSolaris 2008.11 Hard Drive Device mapping

Dear Solaris Experts, I am a bit confused about OpenSolaris Hard Drive device mapping. On RedHat Linux based system, an IDE on first channel master drive is mapped as /dev/hda, first channel slave drive will be /dev/hdb, etc. For (Open)Solaris systems I found it as /dev/rdsk/c3d0p0 : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

4. Hardware

How to Clone a Drive with 512 byte Sectors to a Drive with 4096 bytes/sector (AF)?

I have a 320 GB drive which dual boots Windows and Debian: Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipsoasis
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

drive mapping

What is the eqiuvalent of /dev/dsk/rdsk in linux vs Solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping drive

please forgive me. i know this is unix forum. CIFS can map to shared windows folder. i just wonder if windows can map to unix shared folder. if yes, please enlight me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage sign causing awk problems

looks like awk gets confused when there's a % next to a number. command im running: awk -F" " '/phxnaz001b/ && /vol/ && NF { if (($NF >= 80) && ($NF < 83)) { print ; print ; w++ } else if ($NF >= 83) { print ; c++ } } END { printf("%d:OK %d:WARNING %d:CRITICAL\n", o, w, c) }' /tmp/test.log ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
SMBUS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  SMBUS(4)

NAME
smbus -- System Management Bus SYNOPSIS
device smbus device iicsmb device bktr DESCRIPTION
The smbus system provides a uniform, modular and architecture-independent system for the implementation of drivers to control various SMB devices and to utilize different SMB controllers (I2C, PIIX4, Brooktree848, vm86...). System Management Bus The System Management Bus is a two-wire interface through which simple power-related chips can communicate with rest of the system. It uses I2C as its backbone (see iicbus(4)). A system using SMB passes messages to and from devices instead of tripping individual control lines. With the SMBus, a device can provide manufacturer information, tell the system what its model/part number is, save its state for a suspend event, report different types of errors, accept control parameters, and return its status. The SMBus may share the same host device and physical bus as ACCESS bus components provided that an appropriate electrical bridge is provided between the internal SMB devices and external ACCESS bus devices. SEE ALSO
bktr(4), iicbus(4), iicsmb(4), smb(4) The SMBus specification, http://www.smbus.org/specs/. HISTORY
The smbus manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Nicolas Souchu. BSD
August 10, 1998 BSD