Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need a redundency solution for Solaris. Post 28347 by Neo on Tuesday 17th of September 2002 11:00:10 AM
Old 09-17-2002
You might consider looking at different RAID architectures.

A google search on keywords RAID and mirror should result in a nice return.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...&q=RAID+mirror

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX + disk redundency input needed

OK guys & gals this is the issue: i am trying to sort out all the disks in all of our AIX servers. 12 hdisks w/ mirroring (so only 6 disks in uses @ any time) 2 volume groups (rootvg, vg1) this does include muliple informix databases and misc. data. Do you think it would be wise to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sample solution for Firefox-3.6.10 pkg in solaris 10 for X86

download pkg from sunfreeware web site (root user mode) step1: #mkdir opt/sft step2: download the package and save it in the opt/sft directory step3: #bunzip2 firefox-3.6.10.en-US.solaris-10-fcs-i386-pkg.bz2 step 4 #pkgadd -d ./firefox-3.6.10.en-US.solaris-10-fcs-i386-pkg ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin2010
3 Replies

4. Solaris

OpenSource / Free backup and restore solution for Solaris 10

Is there any free /opensource backup&restore solution available for solaris10 i want to backup Solaris10 machine with oracle 9 version. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Back up solution in Solaris 10 environment

Hi Friends, Good day! This is my first post in this forum :) In my company we have a requirement for back up application specific files and directories .We have around 40+ application which needs to be backed up .All these applications are running on Solaris 10 enviornment. Is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abilash_KP
8 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)