Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape Drive on Unix 7.1.1
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tape Drive on Unix 7.1.1 Post 27986 by perleo on Tuesday 10th of September 2002 04:49:30 PM
Old 09-10-2002
tape drive

If you have any other problems or cant solve it goto this crowd.

www.irishsystems.com

they speclise in tape drives on linux amoung other stuff

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix backup to tape drive

does anyone know how I can make an automatic backup of files to a tape drive under UNIX. I have so many commands, I don't know which goes where. I have commands for the task scheduler, Cron and other unix commands. Please help. Very Urgent. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cute
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux/unix tape drive & AMANDA

Trying to set up AMANDA on my linux machine, with the DDS-3 HP Tape drive. Am having problems, in my amanda.conf it doesn't like /dev/st0 or /dev/st0nr and I need to have it as non rewinding, is there another command/params i can give it for the tape drive to be non rewinding? I'm trying to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DDS2 Tape Drive onto Linux/Unix

Knoppix, latest distribution is what I am using. I have a DDS2 tape drive. Recognised in Windows, etc. Cannot see it in UX/Lux. How do I mount it? How do I copy the data from the tape to another partition? What I need to do is transfer the contents of the DDS2 tape onto DVD. Simple. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockgeek
1 Replies

4. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix tape drive

Hi, i installed a unix tape drive on my alphaserver. when i use a mt command it tells me there is no tape or device. I have used the hardware manager and it shows the tape is present. Can anyone help me understand why it cannot pick up the tape as a default? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryks
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-Unix 64 bit Tape Drive creating problem

Hello All, I have HP Openview storage data protector version 5.5. When I am going to write my backup I have an error message saying "Connot Open Device /dev/rmt/0mn" Follownig is my output: # ls -l /dev/rmt/0mn crw-rw-rw- 2 bin bin 205 0x080140 Jan 17 16:41 /dev/rmt/0mn # uname -a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellozishan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
AMTAPE(8)						  System Administration Commands						 AMTAPE(8)

NAME
amtape - Control Amanda changers SYNOPSIS
amtape [-o configoption...] config subcommand [subcommand_options...] DESCRIPTION
Amtape is the command-line interface to Amanda's tape changers (amanda-changers(7)) and to the taperscan algorithm (amanda-taperscan(7)). Tape changers maintain a notion of the current slot for each configuration. This may or may not correspond to an actual physical state of the device, but is used by some taperscan algorithms to minimize searching through the slots. Amtape uses the default changer. To use a different changer, use the config override option, e.g., -otpchanger=otherchanger. SUBCOMMANDS
label label Search for and load the Amanda tape with label [label], also setting the current slot. slot slot Load the volume in the given slot, also setting the current slot. The slot names current, next, first, and last have special meaning. current Shorthand for slot current. inventory Show the contents of all slots, based on the changer's cached metadata. This is a quick operation as it does not load or unload any volumes, but is not supported by all changers. show [slots] Show the contents of all slots (or listed slots) by loading each slot and reading its label. This can be very slow. The slots arguments is of the form 1,3-5,7. reset Reset the changer to a known state. This subcommand is intended to clear any unknown and potentially incorrect state the changer may have stored. eject [drive] Eject the tape currently in the drive. This only applies to some changers. Specify a drive (by drive number) if more than one drive is available. clean [drive] If a cleaning tape is defined for the changer, used it to clean the specified drive. The [drive] is optional if the changer only has one drive. taper Run the taperscan algorithm (see amanda-taperscan(7)), displaying information about the progress of the scan. update [what] Update changer state. Consult amanda-changers(7) for changer-specific details on the format of what. -o configoption See the "CONFIGURATION OVERRIDE" section in amanda(8). SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda-changers(7), amanda-taperscan(7), amanda-devices(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) James da Silva <jds@amanda.org> Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMTAPE(8)