Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD 4.6 Video Settings for Xwindows Post 27936 by charlie499 on Tuesday 10th of September 2002 04:25:00 AM
Old 09-10-2002
FreeBSD 4.6 Video Settings for Xwindows

I have set-up FreeBSD on an HP Vectra Intel Based PC, now when I go to /stand/sysinstall and "do a post installation configuration" and try to set-up the XFree86 server under Video card the model of my card does not exist. My video card model is SiS 6205 but FreeBSD supports or listed only 5205. I pressume this is the main hurdle why my "startx" command to launch Xwindows is not succesful. How could I get the correct driver for my video Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xwindows will not start with FreeBSD 4.2

I have tried to start X windonws using the startx command. It fails. the error message I receive is: warning: 'fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/font/local". Entry deleted from font path (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local) xf86Openconsole: KDEABOP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderer00
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

New FreeBSD User....Xwindows Problem

Hi, would anybody kindly help me as I am new in FreeBSD 4.4 (downloaded iso image from FreeBSD.org) and have installed it to an HP VEctra Pentium 1-166Mhz PC, have installled all the devices mouse,video card,monitor and some ports specifically to Xfree86 and all gnome related to "X" but when I type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie499
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Video Settings

I am not a Solaris (Unix) guy so i need help. I am trying to get a Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 8 to display the correct video for my KVM switch. I have set the CDE to 1024x768x75 and have no problem with video using this setting in CDE. When I shut down the server or boot up the server it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchyzm
4 Replies

4. Solaris

video adapter settings

Hi Please help to set the video adapter resolution, frequency. By default the frequency is 66Hz, 61 kHz, and the resolution 1024*768. Can I set different values. We use Solaris WS, SPARC. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies
SDL::Video(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SDL::Video(3)

NAME
SDL::Video - a SDL perl extension SYNOPSIS
$video = new SDL::Video ( -name => 'pr0n.mpg' ); DESCRIPTION
"SDL::Video" adds support for MPEG video to your SDL Perl application. Videos are objects bound to surfaces, whose playback is controled through the object's interface. METHODS o "SDL::Video::error()" returns any error messages associated with playback o "SDL::Video::audio(bool)" enables or disables audio playback, (on by default) o "SDL::Video::video(bool)" enables or disable video playback, (on by default) o "SDL::Video::loop(bool)" enables or disable playback looping (off by default) o "SDL::Video::volume(int)" set the volume as per the mixer volume o "SDL::Video:display(surface)" binds the clip to a display surface o "SDL::Video::scale([x,y]|[surface]|int)" scales the clip by either x,y factors, scales to the image dimensions, or a single scalar. o "SDL::Video::play()" plays the video clip, call "SDL::Video::display()" before playing o "SDL::Video::pause()" pauses video playback o "SDL::Video::stop()" stops video playback o "SDL::Video::rewind()" resets the clip to the beginning o "SDL::Video::seek(offset)" seeks to a particular byte offset o "SDL::Video::skip(time)" skips to a particular time o "SDL::Video::region(rect)" takes a SDL::Rect and defines the display area o "SDL::Video::frame(int)" renders a specific frame to the screen o "SDL::Video::info()" returns a new "SDL::MPEG" object reflecting the current status o "SDL::Video::status()" returns either SMPEG_PLAYING or SMPEG_STOPPED or SMPEG_ERROR AUTHOR
David J. Goehrig SEE ALSO
perl(1) SDL::Surface(3) SDL::MPEG(3) perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 SDL::Video(3)