Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail services
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mail services Post 2771 by beth_cedc on Saturday 2nd of June 2001 01:47:37 PM
Old 06-02-2001
MySQL

Thanks, I am going to check out the website now.

Beth

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail services not working

Hello, all. We currently have three UNIX boxes run Reliant Unix, a System V Release 4 variant. Mail can't be sent out of one of the boxes to anywhere outside the box. For a client we use the mail command. I am not sure how to determine the message transfer daemon that is running. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petrosi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
WNPP-CHECK(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WNPP-CHECK(1)

NAME
wnpp-check - check if a package is being packaged or if this has been requested SYNOPSIS
wnpp-check package ... wnpp-check --help|--version DESCRIPTION
wnpp-check downloads the lists of packages which are listed as being packaged (ITPed) or for which a package has been requested (RFPed) from the WNPP website and lists any packages supplied on the command line which appear in those lists. Note that WNPP, and therefore wnpp-check's output, is source package based. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. SEE ALSO
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp EXIT STATUS
0 None of the packages supplied has an open ITP or RFP 1 Either an error occurred or at least one package supplied has an open ITP or RFP AUTHOR
wnpp-check was written by David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com>; this man page was written by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> for the devscripts package. wnpp-check was originally based on wnpp-alert, which was written by Arthur Korn <arthur@korn.ch> and modified by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org> for the devscripts package. Both scripts are in the public domain. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WNPP-CHECK(1)