Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automounter
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers automounter Post 276 by almendrita on Sunday 19th of November 2000 12:19:21 PM
Old 11-19-2000
Question

I have this question in my study guide could anyone please help me with the answer and (explicit) explanation.

hostname: HOSTONE
automounter file: /etc/auto.home
entry: scps HOSTTWO:/export/home/scps

commands executed on HOSTONE, mark all commands where the automounter will be invoked.

a)cat /home/scps/anyfile
b)cat /home/sce/scps/anyfile
c)cat /export/home/scps/anyfile
d)cat /home/scps/anydir/anyfile
e)cat /home/anydir/scps/anyfile

Thanks very much.
Almendrita

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automounter

Hi ALL, Does anyone know how automounting can be disabled in solaris? (I need to mount the home directory on to a sun machine from another machine. So I run something like mount another_machine:/home /home (on my sun) however i get an error saying device busy) I was told automouting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkap
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIS and automounter...

Have an AIX 5.2 box. I had automounter already setup to control /home using /etc/auto_home as an indirect automount map. Then we added NIS. We have it working, but for some reason, the NIS table auto.home seems to override /etc/auto_home entries. Of course, there are some duplicates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garry_Garrett
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Automounter floods ioctl and futex error messages

Hi! I have a wondering regarding the syscalls automounter floods out when running strace on the process, are the below ioctl & futex messages bad? and is there any way to investigate em deeper? ioctl(3, 0xffffffffc018937c, 0x417a8020) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable) ioctl(3,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Naming services + Automounter

Hi gurus, I am trying to understand the enviroment which we are using. The fact that I am asking is that this is production enviroment and I cannot change anything to experiment. Following servers are somehow related to each other, please help me figure out if my conclusions are correct. -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to mount NFS using automounter(autofs)?

I have an nfs at 192.168.1.10:/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs and will like to mount locally to /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs-mount using automounter...need help doing do What i did $cat /etc/auto.master /home/vm1/Desktop /etc/auto.nfs $cat /etc/auto.nfs nfs-bind -fstype=nfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies
Mojo::Home(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Mojo::Home(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Home - Detect and access the project root directory in Mojo SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Home; my $home = Mojo::Home->new; $home->detect; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Home is a container for home directories. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Home implements the following attributes. "app_class" my $class = $home->app_class; $home = $home->app_class('Foo::Bar'); Application class. METHODS
Mojo::Home inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "new" my $home = Mojo::Home->new; my $home = Mojo::Home->new('/home/sri/myapp'); Construct a new Mojo::Home object. "detect" $home = $home->detect; $home = $home->detect('My::App'); Detect home directory from the value of the "MOJO_HOME" environment variable or application class. "lib_dir" my $path = $home->lib_dir; Path to "lib" directory of application. "list_files" my $files = $home->list_files; my $files = $home->list_files('foo/bar'); Portably list all files recursively in directory relative to the home diectory. $home->rel_file($home->list_files('templates/layouts')->[1]); "mojo_lib_dir" my $path = $home->mojo_lib_dir; Path to "lib" directory in which Mojolicious is installed. "parse" $home = $home->parse('/home/sri/myapp'); Parse home directory. "rel_dir" my $path = $home->rel_dir('foo/bar'); Portably generate an absolute path for a directory relative to the home directory. "rel_file" my $path = $home->rel_file('foo/bar.html'); Portably generate an absolute path for a file relative to the home directory. "slurp_rel_file" my $string = $home->slurp_rel_file('foo/bar.html'); Portably read all data at once from file relative to the home directory. my $content = $home->slurp_rel_file($home->list_files('public')->[1]); "to_string" my $string = $home->to_string; my $string = "$home"; Home directory. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Home(3pm)