Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to Beautify ur code?????
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Beautify ur code????? Post 2688 by PxT on Wednesday 30th of May 2001 12:21:10 PM
Old 05-30-2001
Use the 'indent' command:

indent -kr -i8 <I>input_file</I>

See the man page, there are tons of options.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how i prepare a c++ code(c code) for implementing my own protocol format

helo my protocol format is given below { destno,mode,no.of packet,pktsize,,pktno,textsize,CRC} description:- { is starting flag destno - 4bytes mode - 1 byte no.of pkt - 4byes pktsize - 6 bytes ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh code to ksh code

I have this code using csh and want to convert it to ksh to include this thinking into my ksh scripts. while ( $iarg < $narg ) MATH iarg = $iarg + 1 set arg = $argv set opt=` echo $arg | awk 'BEGIN { FS="=" } { print $1 }' ` set par=` echo $arg | awk 'BEGIN { FS="=" } {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate ksh code to csh code

hi all, Can any 1 help me translate this korn shell code to C shell code : email=$(grep "^$1" $folder/config_2.txt | awk '{print $2'}) In config_2.txt the content is : which mean in korn shell , $1=groupname and $2=email address. Now i need to write in C shell script,when i set the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If ‘922’ Code does not exist on ‘03’ Record, ‘901’ Code will be there instead, move ‘03’ R

01,011600033,011600033,110516,0834,2,90,,2/ 02,011600033,011103093,1,110317,0834,,2/ 03,105581,,015,+00000416418,,,901,+00000000148,,,922,+000000 00354,,/ 03,113806,,015,+00000559618,,,901,+00000000096,,,922,+000000 00621,,/ 88,902,+0000000025218,,/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgoud
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

6. Linux

Go to a line of code , skip few lines of code

Hi , I have a code where i am using a infinite while loop . some thing like below while do if then #go to line 20 fi command 1; command 2; #line 20: sleep 34; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
5 Replies
MAN(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    MAN(7)

NAME
man - macros to typeset manual SYNOPSIS
nroff -man file ... troff -man file ... DESCRIPTION
These macros are used to lay out pages of this manual. A skeleton page may be found in the file /usr/man/man0/xx. Any text argument t may be zero to six words. Quotes may be used to include blanks in a `word'. If text is empty, the special treatment is applied to the next input line with text to be printed. In this way .I may be used to italicize a whole line, or .SM followed by .B to make small bold letters. A prevailing indent distance is remembered between successive indented paragraphs, and is reset to default value upon reaching a non- indented paragraph. Default units for indents i are ens. Type font and size are reset to default values before each paragraph, and after processing font and size setting macros. These strings are predefined by -man: *R `(Reg)', trademark symbol in troff. *S Change to default type size. FILES
/usr/lib/tmac/tmac.an /usr/man/man0/xx SEE ALSO
troff(1), man(1) BUGS
Relative indents don't nest. REQUESTS
Request Cause If no Explanation Break Argument t no t=n.t.l.*Text t is bold. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating bold and italic. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternat- ing bold and Roman. i. Begin paragraph with hanging indent. t no t=n.t.l. Text t is italic. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating italic and bold. x x. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating italic and Roman. d. Set prevailing indent to .5i. Set prevailing indent to amount of starting .RS. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating Roman and bold. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating Roman and italic. move left margin in distance i. Set prevailing indent to .5i for nested indents. t yes t=n.t.l. Subhead. t no t=n.t.l. Text t is small. n(c) named n(c) n of chapter c; x is extra commentary, e.g. `local', for page foot. Set prevailing indent and tabs to .5i. i. Begin indented paragraph with hanging tag given by next text line. If tag doesn't fit, place it on separate line. * n.t.l. = next text line; p.i. = prevailing indent page x yes - Begin n(c)