Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automatic su
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automatic su Post 26446 by asifraj on Monday 19th of August 2002 05:03:57 AM
Old 08-19-2002
MySQL

hey,
if you are using C, there is a PAM (Pluggable Authentication Module) available for linux.
you can get more information here

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/

hope it helps
asif

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic Kill -help

Hello We are using UNIX, (?) there were reports to us thAt their login was automatically killed, however we (root) did not issue a kill -9 PID, can anyone give me an idea what happen. To add, the user is not idled, he is actually doing something. also, i search all the thread, donno if i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancemendioro
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

automatic ip assignment

hello guyz, I am working on project of automatic ip adress assignment to a local network when I send a packet with Mac adress I want to get a reply from the other machine with its ip address ,so how can I achieve that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netsavy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic login

Hello all, I need a script that can run an sftp session into a remote server, and retreive a file. Does anyone know how to pass in the user/password details in a script? I seem to have forgotten (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
5 Replies

4. Solaris

automatic sftp

I have tried the below method on solaris 9 running ssh -V SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. http://acd.ucar.edu/~fredrick/mpark/ssh/rsa-unix.html It still prompts me for password, not sure why, I have followed the directions to a teeth. Any suggestions? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Automatic login

Hi, Boss I have a question.... BackGround: i have a shell name xxxLineInput.x the useage is: xxxLineInput.x -Txxx -Uxxx -Pxxx when i use the command line..can run normal. Target: i want to set automatic login, the mean is when i login the as the specifical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic script

Hi, is it possible to automatically run a script (bash) when an event occurs? I mean, let's say that I (or one of my users) plug in a flash memory (USB) ... is it possible to run a script every time I do this action (let's say to log user, date and other infos on a file)? Thanks! Bye... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TShirt
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic login

I need a script that will let me connect to my hpux server with just a click of the icon without type my username and password. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tree740
5 Replies

8. Slackware

Automatic login without X

I know how to set up KDM or GDM to do automatic login, but is there a way to do it without GDM or KDM or X at all so when I start the machine I am immediately taken to a waiting command prompt? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic FTP

Hi I am looking for automatic FTP script from UNIX to UNIX servers. I have two problems that anyone may help: 1- The directory where the files have to be FTPed is varied, where it is identified by the date of today (YYYYMMDD) 2- the files come every 15 minutes and named by the time with form... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhadoor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding automatic keystroke

Hi All , I am writing a shell script for a 3D test case . The 3D Test case involves the user to press some keys to see the changes in the 3d test case . The user has to press p , r , a , z etc to observe the changes on screen . Now please let me know how can i implement the keystroke p , a ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dskonnur
1 Replies
SETUID(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)