Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic information please.
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Basic information please. Post 26427 by norsk hedensk on Saturday 17th of August 2002 06:54:12 PM
Old 08-17-2002
ssh will give you a secure remote shell over the internet. go to openssh.org you will install the ssh server on your unix box, and run the client to connect on the windows computer. hope that helps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Basic...

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bt-basic

Hi Guys, I very new to bt-basic even I got 8 years experience on UNIX. I searched through google about bt-basic but nothing really give me solid documentation. Anybody have documentation or manual for this bt-basic? Pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some basic help

Hi everyone, I need some help! I know that this is a very simple little problem but I seem to be stuck. I was just wondering if you could show me the right way. I basicly have to write a single line of commands (using piping) to do the following: From the file data.txt, select all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic if else

I know this is pretty basic, but i cant figure it out to save my life. i want it to ask for a variable, as long as that variable isnt -/0 i want it to print out the area. else if the variable is -/0, i want it to print out invalid entry. the only problem is it will still try to print out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Basic - how do I?

How do I use ls and grep together to count a certain number of files in a directory? -Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secno
1 Replies

7. Android

Basic Android platform information.

I am thinking of developing an app' for Android mobile devices... Two questions here:- 1) Does anyone _develop_ for the Android _mobile_ platform? If so do you use OSX 10.7.5 or greater as your _development_platform_? 2) I know ********* is gonna say that the Android terminal/shell is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic help

Hi , I need to know the difference between $((command)) and $(command) and $(($(command))). "" and '' and ``. I have tried searching the help files but cant able to find this. Could you let me knoq about any document. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
4 Replies
EXO-DESKTOP-ITEM-EDIT(1)					   User Commands					  EXO-DESKTOP-ITEM-EDIT(1)

NAME
exo-desktop-item-edit - Create icons on the desktop DESCRIPTION
Usage: exo-desktop-item-edit [OPTION...] [FILE|FOLDER] Help Options: -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-gtk Show GTK+ Options Application Options: -c, --create-new Create a new desktop file in the given directory -t, --type Type of desktop file to create (Application or Link) --name Preset name when creating a desktop file --comment Preset comment when creating a desktop file --command Preset command when creating a launcher --url Preset URL when creating a link --icon Preset icon when creating a desktop file -v, --version Print version information and exit --display=DISPLAY X display to use AUTHOR
Written by Benedikt Meurer <benny@xfce.org>. exo-desktop-item-edit comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, You may redistribute copies of exo-desktop-item-edit under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License which can be found in the exo source package. Please report bugs to <http://bugzilla.xfce.org/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2006 os-cillation e.K. All rights reserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for exo-desktop-item-edit is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and exo-desktop-item-edit programs are properly installed at your site, the command info exo-desktop-item-edit should give you access to the complete manual. exo-desktop-item-edit 0.3.1.10rc1 September 2006 EXO-DESKTOP-ITEM-EDIT(1)