Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vdump of two filesystems
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Vdump of two filesystems Post 26399 by RTM on Friday 16th of August 2002 09:58:33 AM
Old 08-16-2002
If you mean dump two filesystems ( /usr and /data) then no since the restore of such a dump would not know where to put it.

one dump containing two different filesystems - the restore would have to be able to specify two locations to restore to. It can't.

You can run either a script to dump different filesystem to the same tape with multiple vdump commands - each would still be separate.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marun
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

digital unix vdump restore in hp ux11i

Could you pls give a solution how to resotore the backup taken from digital unix using vdump to hp ux11i. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
1 Replies

4. AIX

vdump on aix?

As far as I know vdump command is used only on Tru64 (correct me if I'm wrong). The question is: what is the command on aix that does the same thing (logically speaking)? Tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can I safely kill vdump?

Sceduled backups with vdump have been delayed as a mounted system had crashed while I was away for 2 weeks. Now there are 5 simultaneous vdumps running very slowly. The full system backup usually takes a whole weekend. Can I safely kill these? (I will have to live without a backup untill next... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickt
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vdump to rsh

delete me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john-e
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar and vdump on same tape?

Hello, This might be a dumb question, but I havent been able to find the answer anywhere. I currently have a backup script that uses 'tar' to backup some files to tape. I need to add a directory to the backup script, but I want to use 'vdump' to back it up to tape. So my question is can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

vdump or vdump on tru64 unix

i have a script on a tru64 system that backups data from severral folders on a tape the command that it uses is this : vdump 0N /usr > /dev/null (for backuping the usr folder). somehow it has predefined that /dev/null is the tape the problem is that the tape has broke down so i need an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el97639
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem with vdump command on TRU64

Hi all, I have a system with TRU64 system (quite old). I use to run script to make save of important system partitions. The command to save the partition "/" is : /sbin/vdump -0uDf /mnt/Sauvegarde/dump/slash.dump.0 /. (/mnt/Sauvegarde is NFS mounted, but this is no matter) This script ran for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesystems > 70%

I need a scrip that will show me the filesystems that are greater than 70%...but not sure how to filter using the df -h | grep Thank you for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
6 Replies
SUP-IMPORT-DUMP(1)					      General Commands Manual						SUP-IMPORT-DUMP(1)

NAME
sup-import-dump - import message state dump to Sup index SYNOPSIS
sup-import-dump [options] dumpfile DESCRIPTION
Imports message state previously exported by sup-dump into the index. sup-import-dump operates on the index only, so the messages must have already been added using sup-sync. If you need to recreate the index, see sup-sync --restore <filename> instead. Messages not mentioned in the dump file will not be modified. OPTIONS
--verbose, -v Print message ids as they're processed --ignore-missing, -i Silently skip over messages that are not in the index --warn-missing, -w Warn about messages that are not in the index, but continue --abort-missing, -a Abort on encountering messages that are not in the index (default) --atomic, -t Use transaction to apply all changes atomically --dry-run, -n Don't actually modify the index. Probably only useful with --verbose --version Show version information --help, -h Show help message SEE ALSO
sup-mail(1), sup-sync(1), sup-dump(1) AUTHOR
Sup was written by William Morgan <wmorgan-sup@masanjin.net>. This manual page was written by Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 9, 2012 SUP-IMPORT-DUMP(1)