Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Context Free Grammar
Top Forums Programming Context Free Grammar Post 26190 by S.P.Prasad on Tuesday 13th of August 2002 07:52:52 AM
Old 08-13-2002
"State Table" is a table in which the left column contains regular expressions and the right column contains actions to be executed when the expressions are recognized. Actions can be written as C program fragments.

Kindly anyone correct me if I am wrong.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

My Context Free Grammar (CFG)

I don't know how to delete this thread. Admin/Mod, Please delete this thread. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyansnow
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell grammar question: logical OR in test

Hi, I am trying to check if two input files exist before the rest of the scripts is run. Following is the code that I have but it gives me syntax error. if then echo "File not found" else echo "File found" fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions related to if in awk context and if without awk context

I wrote this code, questions follow #! /bin/bash -f # Purpose - to show how if syntax is used within an awk clear; ls -l; echo "This will print out the first two columns of the inputted file in this directory"; echo "Enter filename found in this directory"; read input; ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seth
11 Replies
LEX(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LEX(1)

NAME
lex - generator of lexical analysis programs SYNOPSIS
lex [ -tvfn ] [ file ] ... DESCRIPTION
Lex generates programs to be used in simple lexical analyis of text. The input files (standard input default) contain regular expressions to be searched for, and actions written in C to be executed when expressions are found. A C source program, 'lex.yy.c' is generated, to be compiled thus: cc lex.yy.c -ll This program, when run, copies unrecognized portions of the input to the output, and executes the associated C action for each regular expression that is recognized. The options have the following meanings. -t Place the result on the standard output instead of in file "lex.yy.c". -v Print a one-line summary of statistics of the generated analyzer. -n Opposite of -v; -n is default. -f "Faster" compilation: don't bother to pack the resulting tables; limited to small programs. EXAMPLE
lex lexcommands would draw lex instructions from the file lexcommands, and place the output in lex.yy.c %% [A-Z] putchar(yytext[0]+'a'-'A'); [ ]+$ ; [ ]+ putchar(' '); is an example of a lex program that would be put into a lex command file. This program converts upper case to lower, removes blanks at the end of lines, and replaces multiple blanks by single blanks. SEE ALSO
yacc(1), sed(1) M. E. Lesk and E. Schmidt, LEX - Lexical Analyzer Generator 7th Edition April 14, 1986 LEX(1)